At Bardel, our greatest asset is our people. With multiple series currently in production, we are always looking for exceptional talent to join our winning team!
We are currently recruiting for a talented Roto/Paint Artist to join our Vancouver studio team. The Roto/Paint Artist is responsible for multiple aspects of plate preparation and creation of elements for use in final composites, as well as for completion of line clean-up and paint shots as directed. Responsibilities include reviewing & assessing assigned tasks with the given show lead. This artist will be following up with the compositor or compositing supervisor for paint work. This position requires a high degree of technical skill and artistic judgment.
What you will be doing:
- Use paint and compositing techniques in Nuke to produce clean plates, remove rigs or other artifacts, etc.
- This may involve generating pre-comps for use by Compositors, or may require taking shots to completion
- Work with the Paint/Roto leads and project Compositing Supervisor to ensure that all technical and creative standards are met.
- Use Rotoscope techniques in Nuke or Silhouette to generate mattes and splines.
- Consult with the Compositing Leads and/or Supervisor as well as the other artists on the team as required.
- Maintains a clean working environment as work is often shared with other artists.
- Perform quality control (QC) on shots before they are submitted for review/approval.
- Communicate any delays with leads and production management via e-mail and updating shotgun accordingly.
- Actively participate in team/department meetings
What you bring with you:
- At least 2 years experience working in Rotoscoping and paint
- Diploma or certificate in animation/film program
- Good working knowledge of Nuke, Silhouette, and RV
- Experience with Shotgun an asset
- A proactive team-player attitude
Why work at Bardel?
We’ve got great people here, and for good reasons. Bardel offers a generous benefit package, regular social events and ongoing development opportunities for employees to advance their careers through work on prominent and exciting industry projects. You will collaborate with other influential, career-minded creative professionals from around the world. Fun is included in every role!
What we want to see in your application:
Tell us why YOU are the person for the position and how you meet the position’s criteria. Forward us your current resume and samples of your work (eg. a link to your website or reel – don’t hesitate to show off a little!).
How to apply:
Please visit our website at http://www.bardel.ca/now-hiring/ to apply.
We thank all applicants who express an interest in being part of the Bardel team. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions received, we will only be in touch with those that are determined to be a compelling match for one of our current openings.
About Bardel Entertainment Inc.
Bardel is the leading animation services provider in North America for good reason. For over 30 years we’ve built our stellar reputation on three core values: quality, creativity and innovation. At Bardel, our greatest asset is our people. With multiple series currently in production, we are always looking for exceptional talent to join our winning team!