At Bardel, our greatest asset is our people. With multiple series currently in production, we are always looking for exceptional talent to join our winning team!
We are currently recruiting for experienced Rigging Artists to work collaboratively with our Emmy award winning studio team across some of our amazing productions. As a Rigging Artist, you will be responsible for ensuring the technical and creative success of all rigging requirements of the production, while respecting the established overall look of the show.
What you will be doing:
- Construct 3D character rigs and animation interfaces and controls for assigned characters and props
- Actively participate in production-related meetings by offering thoughts and ideas
- Keep current on pipeline techniques and technology
- Ensure the pipeline supervisor’s instructions are carried through
- Develop character, prop and related rigging and frameworks (including skeletal system, skinning, workflows, and user interface) working in conjunction with the CG Supervisor and other department heads
- Define and streamline CG character rigging workflows, pipelines and processes, developing tools and frameworks for CG characters and other related assets
- Troubleshoot and evaluate character-rigging issues for artists within various disciplines
- Develop and documenting workflows, tools, scripts/plug-ins and best practices to enhance the productivity of animators
What you bring with you:
- 1-3 years quality experience in rigging capacity
- TV / Animation / Film production experience a must
- Strong technical background and scripting prowess (Maya, Python, MEL), with the ability to grasp new programs and systems quickly
- Excellent command of human anatomy, volume and weight, dynamics and character motion
- Superlative written and verbal communication skills and a collaborative, supportive approach to working with other team members
Extra points if you have:
- Background in traditional animation, visual arts and life drawing, with a solid sense of movement and form
- Experience with R&D requirements gathering and authoring production documentation, creating templates, libraries and tools
- Sound understanding of the animation process from storyboard to modelling to texturing, animation and rendering
- Advanced, applied technical computer animation knowledge such as lighting rigs, rendering, dynamics, and other related scripting, interface and tools development
Why work at Bardel?
We’ve got great people here, and for good reasons. Bardel offers a generous benefit package, regular social events and ongoing development opportunities for employees to advance their careers through work on prominent and exciting industry projects. You will collaborate with other influential, career-minded creative professionals from around the world, and have the opportunity to grow in your career.
What we want to see in your application:
Tell us why YOU are the person for the position and how you meet the position’s criteria. Forward us your current resume and samples of your work (eg. a link to your website or reel – don’t hesitate to show off a little!).
How to apply:
Please visit our website at http://www.bardel.ca/now-hiring/ to apply.
We thank all applicants who express an interest in being part of the Bardel team. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions received, we will only be in touch with those that are a compelling match for one of our current openings.
About BARDEL ENTERTAINMENT INC.
Bardel is the leading animation services provider in North America for good reason. For over 30 years we’ve built our stellar reputation on three core values: quality, creativity and innovation. At Bardel, our greatest asset is our people. With multiple series currently in production, we are always looking for exceptional talent to join our winning team!