Bardel is currently recruiting for a talented Python Developer to work collaboratively with our Emmy award winning studio team. This person would report to the Pipeline Supervisor, under the direction of the Lead Pipeline Software Engineer. The Python Developer will work on development of Bardel Entertainment’s new Core Pipeline tools, workflows and Python APIs. The new Core Pipeline aims to provide a stable platform for production with an API interface for managing web-scale digital assets as part of an international multi-site strategy, utilizing both on-premise hardware and cloud resources. Working as part of the Core Software team, the role develops solutions and APi interfaces providing other developers with standardized methods of accessing data, information and infrastructure.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Follow coding standards, procedures and deployment processes
- Document developer code and production facing instructions
- Write unit tests, aiming for bug-free software deployments
- Participate in code review sessions and design meetings
- Developing tools, workflows and API interfaces
- Working with modern technology stacks and software development processes
- Research, test, evaluate and develop new solutions to achieve project objectives
What you bring with you:
- Degree in Computer Science or 2-3 years of programming experience
- Strong communication skills, ability to interface with multiple teams
- Experience with object-oriented programming and software design patterns
- Knowledge of Python, PyQt and developing packages for other developers
- Ability to understand and implement languages and databases as needed
Extra points if you have:
- Agile software development practices
- Web-scale software and API design philosophy
- Knowledge of Animation Production or VFX workflows
- Knowledge of Maya, Nuke, Houdini, Shotgun
- Experience with Golang, GraphQL, Elasticsearch, React or Python 3
- Knowledge of enterprise infrastructure or DevOps
- Cloud software, infrastructure or related experience
- Experience with containerized deployments
Why work at Bardel?
We’ve got great people here, and for good reasons. Bardel offers a generous benefit package, regular social events and ongoing development opportunities for employees to advance their careers through work on prominent and exciting industry projects. You will collaborate with other influential, career-minded creative professionals from around the world, and have the opportunity to grow in your career.
What we want to see in your application:
Tell us why YOU are the person for the position and how you meet the position’s criteria. Forward us your current resume and samples of your work (eg. a link to your website or reel – don’t hesitate to show off a little!).
How to apply:
Please visit our website at http://www.bardel.ca/now-hiring/ to apply.
We thank all applicants who express an interest in being part of the Bardel team. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions received, we will only be in touch with those that are a compelling match for one of our current openings.
About Bardel Entertainment Inc.
Bardel is the leading animation services provider in North America for good reason. For over 30 years we’ve built our stellar reputation on three core values: quality, creativity and innovation. At Bardel, our greatest asset is our people. With multiple series currently in production, we are always looking for exceptional talent to join our winning team!