Are you an experienced editor looking for your next project? Our 44 Cats production is currently recruiting for a talented Production Editor to work join the team. In this role, you will work alongside the Series Director to assemble story reels and cut dialogue through final edit QC and mastering.
What you will be doing:
- Work with Directors and creative leaders to cut the picture to time, and layback audio tracks as required for delivery
- Set-up Premiere Pro/Avid projects/and timelines to jump start Directors in their review process.
- Assist in cutting in sequences of animated and composited footage, including retakes, as required.
- Import final animated scenes into Premiere Pro/AVID (for example) for final edit.
- Assist Production in show archiving process.
- Assist in outputting shows and reels as per the specific requirements of the project, i.e., digibetas, VHS, Quicktime files, DVDs, and HD.
- Assist in making dubs and output requirements, as required.
- Exhibit a willingness to learn and assist in color correction, as required.
- Attend meetings and reviews that pertain to editorial and post production, as needed.
- Hone editorial skills both technically and creatively. Develop an understanding of pacing and
- Exhibit an enthusiastic attitude, and a willingness to learn and advance in the editorial field.
What you bring with you:
- Minimum 2-3 years of professional editing experience, animation experience preferred
- Strong understanding of Adobe Premiere Pro software is a must
- Adobe After Effects, Adobe Photoshop, Shotgun Software and Flix experience is nice to have
- Ability to organize and manage time effectively to meet deadlines
- Strong editorial skills both technically and creatively
- Understanding of pacing and storytelling’
- A creative problem solver and a proactive thinker
- Exhibit an enthusiastic attitude, willingness to learn and advance in the editorial field
Why work at Bardel?
We’ve got great people here, and for good reasons. Bardel offers a generous benefit package, regular social events and ongoing development opportunities for employees to advance their careers through work on prominent and exciting industry projects. You will collaborate with other influential, career-minded creative professionals from around the world. Fun is included in every role!
What we want to see in your application:
Tell us why YOU are the person for the position and how you meet the position’s criteria. Forward us your current resume and samples of your work (eg. a link to your website or reel – don’t hesitate to show off a little!).
How to apply:
Please visit our website at http://www.bardel.ca/now-hiring/ to apply.
We thank all applicants who express an interest in being part of the Bardel team. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions received, we will only be in touch with those that are determined to be a compelling match for one of our current openings.
About Bardel Entertainment Inc.
Bardel is the leading animation services provider in North America for good reason. For over 30 years we’ve built our stellar reputation on three core values: quality, creativity and innovation. At Bardel, our greatest asset is our people. With multiple series currently in production, we are always looking for exceptional talent to join our winning team!