The Production Designer will create, articulate, and maintain a singular vision for the movie and inspire the artists to work together towards creation of a world class feature animated cg production. We are seeking candidates who have had prior feature animation experience, are knowledgeable of CG pipeline processes and have hands-on production experience working with design and color on character driven animation projects.
What you will be doing:
- Collaborate with the Show Leadership to discuss creative ambitions and look of the show
- Create the visual style guide for the feature and be able to support the director in driving the story, mood, emotion via color scripts and lighting.
- Develop and communicate a clear design vision and shape language (including Characters, Locations, Props,
- Backgrounds, Layout FX, Lighting, and Color) that will support the overall creative vision for the story and style of the project.
- Generate artwork in any or all of the following areas, depending on artistic interest and background: character, environment, props, textures, mood, lighting, color, type design, and vehicles
- Translate, clarify, and communicate the Director’s vision for the look of the show to the artistic crew
- Prepare for and lead design handouts by communicating overall direction, design requirements, and expected level of polish to the Design team
- Participate in design and color reviews in development, provide clear notes for revisions, and assist with revisions as needed
- Maintain show style & ensure there is a coherent and unified design approach to the production
- Mentor and support the Design team and cultivate positive team morale
- Partner with Line Producer and recruiting department to staff design team as needed
- Ensure all artwork is delivered on time according to production schedule
What you bring with you:
- Previous experience designing the look of a production
- Previous experience as Production Designer or Art Director on an Animated Feature Film preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and keep a team on schedule
- Working knowledge of tools and software such as Cintiq, Photoshop, or other applicable design software
- Ability to create concepts and turnarounds for characters, props and sets and oversee their translation into 3D
- Understanding and experience leading in a 3D animation pipeline preferred
- Experience supervising a design team including delegating, giving feedback, and providing constructive criticism to creatives
- Strong organization and time management skills
- A team player with a positive, can-do attitude
- Strong knowledge of color theory and lighting
- Thorough understanding of multi-point perspective
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
Why work at Bardel?
We’ve got great people here, and for good reasons. Bardel offers a generous benefit package, regular social events and ongoing development opportunities for employees to advance their careers through work on prominent and exciting industry projects.
What we want to see in your application:
Tell us why YOU are the person for the position and how you meet the position’s criteria. Forward us your current resume and samples of your work (eg. a link to your website or reel – don’t hesitate to show off a little!).
How to apply:
Please visit our website at http://www.bardel.ca/now-hiring/ to apply.
We thank all applicants who express an interest in being part of the Bardel team. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions received, we will only be in touch with those that are a compelling match for one of our current openings.
About Bardel Entertainment Inc.
Bardel is the leading animation services provider in North America for good reason. For over 30 years we’ve built our stellar reputation on three core values: quality, creativity and innovation. At Bardel, our greatest asset is our people. With multiple series currently in production, we are always looking for exceptional talent to join our winning team!