Bardel is currently recruiting for a talented Pipeline TD to work collaboratively with our Emmy award winning studio team. Working closely with all Technology teams, this role is responsible for the successful creation of the company’s pipeline software tools, supporting Production in making technical decisions and general technical support throughout the production process.
What you will be doing:
- Integrating tools with existing in-house tools and code base
- Creating documentation and tutorials for tools and integrations
- Customizing existing scripted tools to suit the needs of the studio, projects, and artists
- Working with artists, leads, and supervisors to implement solutions for production workflows
- Collaborating with the Pipeline Developers and TDs to map out and optimize workflows and tool integration.
- Developing tools in collaboration with the pipeline developers and studio coding standards
- May train, mentor, or supervise the work of entry and mid level generalist artists
- Research and recommend improvements to workflows to improve productivity or communication
- Keep up to speed on current technology trends and tools both hardware and software
- Provide weekly updates on Pipeline development status, and notifies stakeholders of any upcoming production risks
What you bring with you:
- 5+ years of experience in VFX or Animation
- 2-3 years Python experience
- Degree or Relevant post-secondary education required
- Knowledge of Maya, Nuke and PyQT
- Experience in developing libraries used by other TDs and software engineers
- Experience with SQL, Shotgun, Deadline is an asset
- Experience with at least one of the source control systems
- Experience as a Pipeline TD preferred
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of up-to-date Production Technology/IT methods, practices, and trends
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and work under strict deadlines
Why work at Bardel?
We’ve got great people here, and for good reasons. Bardel offers a generous benefit package, regular social events and ongoing development opportunities for employees to advance their careers through work on prominent and exciting industry projects. You will collaborate with other influential, career-minded creative professionals from around the world. Fun is included in every role!
How to apply:
Please visit our website at http://www.bardel.ca/now-hiring/ to apply.
We thank all applicants who express an interest in being part of the Bardel team. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions received, we will only be in touch with those that are determined to be a compelling match for one of our current openings.
About Bardel Entertainment Inc.
Emmy Award®-winning studio, Bardel Entertainment Inc., has been a leading animation studio in North America for over 30 years due to its stellar reputation built on three core values: quality, creativity and innovation. Led by CEO, Rick Mischel, previously a producer at Sony Pictures Animation, Bardel is recognized as one of the most trusted names in the industry.
Bardel has over 500 employees in two state-of-the-art studios, one in Vancouver and one in Kelowna, Canada and a fully integrated studio in Rome, Italy. Currently, Bardel is the only full-service animation studio concurrently providing animation services in CG and 2D animation television and features for a diverse slate of U.S. blue-chip partners: Nickelodeon, DreamWorks, Warner Bros., and Cartoon Network-Adult Swim, as well as an outstanding group of content creators.
Recent work includes award-winning series such as Rainbow Butterfly Unicorn Kitty, The Dragon Prince, Rick and Morty, Teen Titans Go!, 44 Cats and the newly announced Magic: The Gathering. In 2019, Bardel won two Kidscreen Awards for The Dragon Prince. In 2018 Bardel won an Emmy for Best Animated Series for Rick and Morty. In 2018, Dinotrux was nominated for an Annie Award and Rick and Morty received the Critics' Choice award for animation and won for a Emmy Award. Bardel also won won Emmy Awards for the DreamWorks’s TV shows King Julien (2017) and an Emmy Award for Dinotrux (2016).
In 2015, Bardel was acquired by Italy-based Rainbow Group, one of the largest animation producers and licensors in the world with subsidiaries in Moscow, Hong Kong and Singapore.