Are you a people person with a specialization in payroll & administration? Do you have excellent communication skills and pride yourself on your exceptional attention to detail? Are you an articulate and empathetic team-player who is committed to offering input and solutions for process improvements?
Our Vancouver studio is currently on the lookout for a Payroll Administrator to support our teams and contribute to Bardel’s overall success. This position is responsible for assisting with full-cycle payroll administration and for the organization and updating of payroll and benefits records. Prioritizing the day to day workload, this position is focused on providing exceptional customer service through each employee interaction.
What you will be doing:
- Assist in processing a full-cycle payroll for Canadian employees using ADP Work Force Now
- Support with data entry for Canadian Group benefits
- Manage time and attendance administration
- Maintain payroll records, interfacing with multiple departments
- Manage year end process
- Reconcile outside vendor invoices (MSP, Group Benefits, RRSP, WCB)
- Ensure government reporting and remittance requirements are met
- Maintain headcount tracking for financial forecasting
- Prepare AHOC reports as needed
What you bring with you:
- Diploma or relevant Post-secondary education
- Customer service experience highly desirable
- 1-2 years of work experience in a payroll position
- Experience with ADP’s Work Force Now system, an asset
- Certification as Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) credential from CPA, an asset
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal (English)
- Highly responsible and meticulous, with excellent attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Able to deal with change in a fast-paced environment and adaptable to meet stringent deadlines
- Able to work independently and properly prioritize multiple tasks
Extra points if you have:
- An interest / passion for animation & film production
- A Good sense of humor
Why work at Bardel?
We’ve got great people here, and for good reasons. Bardel offers a generous benefit package, regular social events and ongoing development opportunities for employees to advance their careers through work on prominent and exciting industry projects. You will collaborate with other influential, career-minded creative professionals from around the world, and have the opportunity to grow in your career.
What we want to see in your application:
Tell us why YOU are the person for the position and how you meet the position’s criteria. Forward us your current resume and samples of your work (eg. a link to your website or reel – don’t hesitate to show off a little!).
How to apply:
Please visit our website at http://www.bardel.ca/now-hiring/ to apply.
We thank all applicants who express an interest in being part of the Bardel team. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions received, we will only be in touch with those that are a compelling match for one of our current openings.
About Bardel Entertainment Inc.
Bardel is the leading animation services provider in North America for good reason. For over 30 years we’ve built our stellar reputation on three core values: quality, creativity and innovation. At Bardel, our greatest asset is our people. With multiple series currently in production, we are always looking for exceptional talent to join our winning team!