Do you love bringing characters, creatures and worlds to life? Want to work with a top-notch team of brilliant creative folks on an epic show? At Bardel, our greatest asset is our people. With multiple series currently in production, we are always looking for exceptional talent to join our winning team!
As a Modeler you will conceptualize and create clean, functional 3D models following the aesthetic, creative and technical quality standards of the production.
What you will be doing:
- Demonstrating sound working knowledge of modeling tools (Maya preferred, Mudbox as an additional plus) and techniques to create models (characters, props and sets) for 3D animated content
- Creating blend shape setups for characters, props and other elements
- Translating 2D drawings and concepts into 3D models
- Meet project deadlines and milestones, including weekly quotas, as set by project leads and the production department
- Actively participating in team/department meetings
- Mentoring and offering support to less experienced artists, providing them with guidance and instruction
What you bring with you:
- Architectural/design experience required
- Bachelor degree required
- An excellent command of human anatomy, volume and weight, dynamics and character motion required
- Toonline experience a valued asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Confidence, ability and sound judgement in all areas of performance, such as immediately notifying supervisors regarding any technical or creative problems that may impact quotas or deadlines, proactively communicating solutions
Extra points if you have:
- Background in traditional animation, visual arts and life drawing, with a solid sense of movement and form
- Sound understanding of the animation pipeline from storyboard to modelling to texturing, animation and rendering
- Knowledge of technical processes such as lighting rigs, rendering, dynamics, scripting (Maya, Python, MEL)
Pay: $26.00 – $35.00 / hour (based on experience)
- Extended health benefits available upon completion of probationary period (3 months)
- Salary increases based on performance
Number of positions available: 2
Why Work at Bardel?
We’ve got great people here, and for good reasons. Bardel offers a generous benefit package, regular social events and ongoing development opportunities for employees to advance their careers through work on prominent and exciting industry projects. You will collaborate with other influential, career-minded creative professionals from around the world, and have the opportunity to grow in your career.
What we want to see in your application:
Tell us why YOU are the person for the position and how you meet the position’s criteria. Forward us your current resume and samples of your work (eg. a link to your website or reel – don’t hesitate to show off a little!).
How to apply:
Please visit our website at http://www.bardel.ca/now-hiring/ to apply.
We thank all applicants who express an interest in being part of the Bardel team. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions received, we will only be in touch with those that are a compelling match for one of our current openings.
Location: Vancouver, BC
Company: Bardel Entertainment Inc.
Address: 1523 West 3rd Ave, Vancouver BC, V6J 1J8
Terms of employment: Full-time (contract)
Language of work: English
About Bardel Entertainment Inc.
Bardel is the leading animation services provider in North America for good reason. For over 30 years we’ve built our stellar reputation on three core values: quality, creativity and innovation. At Bardel, our greatest asset is our people. With multiple series currently in production, we are always looking for exceptional talent to join our winning team!