Are you a look development artist with 2+ years of experience? Bardel’s Vancouver studio is currently recruiting for a Look Development Artist to join the team. This position will work closely with the Asset Supervisor and the CG Supervisor to define all technical and creative aspects needed to create the appearance for CG assets on a particular production. The Look Development Artist should be able to use a variety of methods and renderers to satisfy a production’s creative needs.
What you will be doing:
- Work with the supervisors to create final looks, templates and material networks for CG characters and environments to be used in production.
- Define shader requirements, Create shader networks in Maya, modify shader parameters, apply texture maps and integrate solution into the pipeline to achieve a predefined look
- Participate as a team member in determining various design and technical solutions
- Work closely with texture artists to define technical and artistic requirements
- Work closely with grooming artists to create fur, hair, or cloth shaders and look
- Modify attributes on custom OSL shaders and define standard passes for an asset
- Ensure that all assets work in the studio pipeline for lighting & color pipeline requirements
What you bring with you:
- 2 years production experience
- Experience in stylized as well as photo-real shader creation
- Experience with fur and hair shading
- Superior eye for light, shade, color, and detail in creating shaders and materials.
- Able to create textures from reference and clean UV layouts
- Be willing to share knowledge and experience with others
- Must have advanced experience with Autodesk Maya, Vray, Arnold, Renderman, Adobe Photoshop and a variety of rendering technologies.
- Must have experience modifying shading networks and defining templates for other artists.
- Familiarity with zBrush, Mudbox, Mari or other texture and normal/displacement map generation
- Experience with shader programming in OSL is a plus
Why work at Bardel?
We’ve got great people here, and for good reasons. Bardel offers a generous benefit package, regular social events and ongoing development opportunities for employees to advance their careers through work on prominent and exciting industry projects. You will collaborate with other influential, career-minded creative professionals from around the world. Fun is included in every role!
How to apply:
Please visit our website at http://www.bardel.ca/now-hiring/ to apply.
We thank all applicants who express an interest in being part of the Bardel team. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions received, we will only be in touch with those that are determined to be a compelling match for one of our current openings.
About BARDEL ENTERTAINMENT INC.
Bardel is the leading animation services provider in North America for good reason. For over 30 years we’ve built our stellar reputation on three core values: quality, creativity and innovation. At Bardel, our greatest asset is our people. With multiple series currently in production, we are always looking for exceptional talent to join our winning team!