At Bardel, our greatest asset is our people. With multiple series currently in production, we are always looking for exceptional talent to join our winning team!
We are currently recruiting for a Lead Environment to join us on an amazing production team.
What you will be doing:
- Explore design utilizing different mediums and tools
- Collaborate with senior creative team and provide input on ideas & concepts appropriate to the storyline
- Provide artwork as required, building a design vision and conforming to the style of the projects as guided by the Art Director
- Establishing a quality bar and direction for other artists on the team and being responsible for the team’s ability to execute and reach that quality bar
- Actively participate in visual development meetings
- Participate in, contribute to and/or lead design team as required
- Develop color schemes in animations
What you bring with you:
- Minimum 3/5 years of previous experience in a studio setting
- Knowledge of Maya is required
- Expertise with Photoshop
- Strong knowledge of 2D and 3D design
- Knowledge of Mari and Mudbox is a plus
- Rock-solid understanding of lighting techniques and principles
- Strong understanding of architecture from different time periods
- Excellent communication, time-management, and organizational skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- An exceptional portfolio of work that exemplifies the creation of high quality painterly environments
Why work at Bardel?
We’ve got great people here, and for good reasons. Bardel offers a generous benefit package, regular social events and ongoing development opportunities for employees to advance their careers through work on prominent and exciting industry projects. You will collaborate with other influential, career-minded creative professionals from around the world, and have the opportunity to grow in your career.
What we want to see in your application:
Tell us why YOU are the person for the position and how you meet the position’s criteria. Forward us your current resume and samples of your work (eg. a link to your website or reel – don’t hesitate to show off a little!).
How to apply:
Please visit our website at http://www.bardel.ca/now-hiring/ to apply.
We thank all applicants who express an interest in being part of the Bardel team. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions received, we will only be in touch with those that are a compelling match for one of our current openings.
About Bardel Entertainment Inc.
Bardel is the leading animation services provider in North America for good reason. For over 30 years we’ve built our stellar reputation on three core values: quality, creativity and innovation. At Bardel, our greatest asset is our people. With multiple series currently in production, we are always looking for exceptional talent to join our winning team!