Are you a people person willing to learn and assume new tasks on an ongoing basis? Do you have excellent communication skills and pride yourself on your exceptional attention to detail? Are you an articulate and empathetic team-player who is committed to offering input and solutions for process improvements?
Our Vancouver studio is currently on the lookout for an Immigration assistant to support our employees by drafting immigration applications for individuals seeking permission to work or live in Canada. You will be the first point of contact fielding questions related to immigration at Bardel while providing a seamless relocation experience for our staff.
What you will be doing?
- Prepare immigration applications in a timely manner by accurately filling forms, collecting supporting documentation as per the specific immigration programs
- Provide guidance to applicants in preparation of and during their application process, In partnership with the People & Culture team,
- Ensure recruitment process is in compliance with immigration needs
- Act as the Subject-Matter-Expert for procedural and processing requirements for various types of non-immigrant and immigrant visa
- Assist with the new hire onboarding process to ensure all new hire forms and immigration documents are collected, completed and information is recorded accurately into HRIS
- Track status of permits and expiration dates for all staff
- Follow up with immigration authorities on pending applications
- Create, update, and maintain job postings for LMIA application purposes.
- Work closely with Recruiters and Hiring Managers to draft well-defined job descriptions. Manage the process of resume reviews, follow up on interview loops, and finalize recruitment data reports.
- Proactively notify employees and their Managers of permit expiration dates
- Maintain all employee files has up to date documentation/files and follow up as needed
- Develop and maintain an accurate and efficient tracking and filing system
- Maintain information integrity and execute proper record keeping practices in HRIS and the filing system
- Other ad-hoc responsibilities as requested
What you bring with you:
- Minimum of 2 years experience in an administrative role
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks concurrently with emphasis on attention to detail
- Experience working for a large, fast-paced multinational organization
- Demonstrated passion for delivering great customer experience
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter and be able to work with a minimal supervision
Why work at Bardel?
We’ve got great people here, and for good reasons. Bardel offers a generous benefit package, regular social events and ongoing development opportunities for employees to advance their careers through work on prominent and exciting industry projects. You will collaborate with other influential, career-minded creative professionals from around the world, and have the opportunity to grow in your career.
What we want to see in your application:
Tell us why YOU are the person for the position and how you meet the position’s criteria. Forward us your current resume and samples of your work (eg. a link to your website or reel – don’t hesitate to show off a little!).
How to apply:
Please visit our website at http://www.bardel.ca/now-hiring/ to apply.
We thank all applicants who express an interest in being part of the Bardel team. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions received, we will only be in touch with those that are a compelling match for one of our current openings.
About Bardel Entertainment Inc.
Bardel is the leading animation services provider in North America for good reason. For over 30 years we’ve built our stellar reputation on three core values: quality, creativity and innovation. At Bardel, our greatest asset is our people. With multiple series currently in production, we are always looking for exceptional talent to join our winning team!