Bardel is currently recruiting for a talented Pipeline Technical Director (Harmony) to work collaboratively with our Emmy award winning studio team. Pipeline TDs work on our Technology team to build and support solutions for a wide variety of production departments, ranging from story development through to lighting and rendering. Delivering pragmatic, efficient systems while making sure the underlying logic and data structures are robust, nimble and sustainable.
What you will be doing:
- Support the overall needs of production, pipeline and toolsets
- Work with technical and non-technical end users to understand their workflows and pain points
- Oversee the development, maintenance and optimization of tools used in production
- Act as a primary support for technical problems in the production department
- Provide technical solutions to artists and supervisors, working closely with the animation crew
- Work with R&D engineering and programmers to resolve digital production asset management issues that may arise during production
- Maya asset integration into Harmony scenes
- Manage the production pipeline integration with the production tracking and asset management system
- Develop documentation and implement training/mentoring to enhance skillsets of team members
- Collaborate with production supervisors to plan and establish methodologies that meet or exceed the requirements of each production
What you bring with you:
- Strong experience in a Toon Boom (Harmony, Storyboard Pro) network, client-server pipeline environment
- Strong knowledge of Toon Boom Harmony SDK and scripting capabilities
- 2+ years of experience in Maya and Mentalray
- Knowledge of Nuke is an asset
- Ability to take direction and work collaboratively with a positive attitude
- Strong communication skills to convey ideas clearly and concisely
- Ability to anticipate hurdles and problem-solve
- Organized and efficient, able to juggle shifting priorities
- Strong work ethic
Why work at Bardel?
We’ve got great people here, and for good reasons. Bardel offers a generous benefit package, regular social events and ongoing development opportunities for employees to advance their careers through work on prominent and exciting industry projects. You will collaborate with other influential, career-minded creative professionals from around the world, and have the opportunity to grow in your career.
What we want to see in your application:
Tell us why YOU are the person for the position and how you meet the position’s criteria. Forward us your current resume and samples of your work (eg. a link to your website or reel – don’t hesitate to show off a little!).
How to apply:
Please visit our website at http://www.bardel.ca/now-hiring/ to apply.
We thank all applicants who express an interest in being part of the Bardel team. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions received, we will only be in touch with those that are a compelling match for one of our current openings.
About Bardel Entertainment Inc.
Bardel is the leading animation services provider in North America for good reason. For over 30 years we’ve built our stellar reputation on three core values: quality, creativity and innovation. At Bardel, our greatest asset is our people. With multiple series currently in production, we are always looking for exceptional talent to join our winning team!