At Bardel, our greatest asset is our people. With multiple series currently in production, we are always looking for exceptional talent to join our winning team!
We are currently recruiting for an Environment TD to join us on an amazing production team. The Environment Technical director in Bardel is responsible for creating cutting edge digital environments for high-end animation projects using an array of different softwares and techniques and outputting finished images to the compositing team without relying on the asset or shot production departments.
What you will be doing:
- Creating high quality digital matte paintings, models and textures and collaborate with the other departments to correctly output what is needed for them.
- Assembling models, digital matte paintings, textures, projections and lights into a CG scene for rendering.
- Scatter vegetation into a digital environment and being able to render it with efficiency.
- Assembling comp scripts for projections and being able to deliver templates to the comp artist in Nuke.
- Optimize and plan their render scenes to be able to work with the resources available for a specific project.
- Working to develop the look of a project with the Art Director and CG Supervisor, trying to find the best technical approach to match their vision.
- Being able to output sequences with the same environment in a fast and optimized fashion.
- Quickly light and assemble scenes from other departments, including animated characters caches if needed.
What you bring with you:
- Excellent knowledge of Photoshop, Nuke, Maya and Mari. Houdini, Substance and Speedtree are a plus.
- Experience with a wide range of softwares to create digital environments, including Speedtree, Vue, Terragen, Zbrush.
- Modeling, UV and Texturing Skills.
- Strong artistic skills in digital matte paintings. Art background with an emphasis on environments is desirable
- Understanding of a 2.5D workflow and an overall knowledge of an animation pipeline from assets to comp.
- Good problem solving and optimization abilities.
- Able to get artistic directions and be part of a team
Why work at Bardel?
We’ve got great people, and for good reasons! Bardel offers work on exciting high-profile projects, a generous compensation/benefits package, and a fantastic company culture fueled by career development and artistic skill enhancement. Every day you will collaborate with other influential, career-minded, creative professionals from around the world.
What we want to see in your application:
Tell us why YOU are the person for the position and how you meet the position’s criteria. Forward us your current resume and samples of your work (eg. a link to your website or reel – don’t hesitate to show off a little!).
How to apply:
Please visit our website at http://www.bardel.ca/now-hiring/ to apply.
We thank all applicants who express an interest in being part of the Bardel team. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions received, we will only be in touch with those that are determined to be a compelling match for one of our current openings.
About BARDEL ENTERTAINMENT INC.
Bardel is the leading animation services provider in North America for good reason. For over 30 years we’ve built our stellar reputation on three core values: quality, creativity and innovation. At Bardel, our greatest asset is our people. With multiple series currently in production, we are always looking for exceptional talent to join our winning team!