Bardel is currently recruiting for an experienced Director, People & Culture to work collaboratively with our Emmy award winning studio team.
As the Director, People & Culture, you are passionate about building relationships and contributing to, and evolving Bardel’s culture to become an employer of choice. You will be responsible for managing the day-to-day human resources activities, oversee recruitment and immigration while taking a lead on all things people. You will be developing and delivering HR programs and services that drive employee engagement in the areas of employee relations, performance and career coaching, learning and development, compensation and rewards.
What you will be doing:
- Develop trusting and collaborative relationships with the leadership teams
- Provide support, guidance and coaching to Managers on talent planning, employee engagement, employee relations issues, performance management and terminations
- Act as a mentor to the People & Culture team, coaching, developing and elevating them in their HR skills
- Develop and provide support for HR programs including annual performance reviews, individual development plans, annual employee engagement surveys, HR metrics and HR related awards and contests
- Lead internal investigations on employment related matters resulting in actionable risk mitigated recommendations
- Lead the annual performance review process for your client group and support leaders to effectively goal-set, evaluate and develop team members
- Support the execution of global immigration compliance initiatives including aligning business needs with new or changing requirements/regulations, and implementing changes to ensure program design and administration is compliant globally.
- Identify areas of improvement in organization design and make recommendations for enhancement
- Champion planned changes and initiatives
- Lead cross-functional HR projects such as organizational development, workforce planning, budgeting and reporting
- Champion company culture and employee engagement initiatives based on qualitative and quantitative data and best practice
- Provide guidance on immigration; coordinate the immigration documents for outgoing and incoming employees.
- Maintain information integrity and execute proper record keeping practices in HRIS
- Manage and facilitate immigration processes and provide relocation support
- Other ad-hoc projects as requested
What you bring with you:
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in Human Resources; Experience in the Canadian Entertainment industry an asset
- Bachelors degree or other relevant post-secondary education with a concentration in HR preferred
- CPHR designation
- Experience with delivery of global immigration services preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in building collaborative relationships, energizing and engaging others and effectively leading and communicating change
- Familiarity with HRIS and ATS systems like ADP WorkforceNow, Namely and JazzHR
- Ability to work independently and within a team in a fast-paced rapidly changing environment.
- A positive attitude and customer focused approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy and sincerity.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication experiences
Why work at Bardel?
We’ve got great people here, and for good reasons. Bardel offers a generous benefit package, regular social events and ongoing development opportunities for employees to advance their careers through work on prominent and exciting industry projects. You will collaborate with other influential, career-minded creative professionals from around the world, and have the opportunity to grow in your career.
What we want to see in your application:
Tell us why YOU are the person for the position and how you meet the position’s criteria. Forward us your current resume and samples of your work (eg. a link to your website or reel – don’t hesitate to show off a little!).
How to apply:
Please visit our website at http://www.bardel.ca/now-hiring/ to apply.
We thank all applicants who express an interest in being part of the Bardel team. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions received, we will only be in touch with those that are a compelling match for one of our current openings.
About Bardel Entertainment Inc.
Bardel is the leading animation services provider in North America for good reason. For over 30 years we’ve built our stellar reputation on three core values: quality, creativity and innovation. At Bardel, our greatest asset is our people. With multiple series currently in production, we are always looking for exceptional talent to join our winning team!