Bardel is currently recruiting for an experienced Creature TD to work collaboratively with our Emmy award winning studio team and build out a fur/cloth/hair workflow as part of a new pipeline initiative.
As the Creature TD, you will be responsible for creating animation rigs and running shots containing flesh, skin, hair, cloth and rigid body simulations as well as identifying and communicating rigging and creature pipeline issues. You will also be involved with developing new tools and assisting our Technology and Pipeline TD teams on special projects.
What you will be doing:
- Create dynamic simulation rigs.
- Establish overall look for assigned production(s).
- Define workflow for fur/cloth/hair pipeline.
- Troubleshoot and provide recommendations for ongoing improvements for Creature pipeline.
- Create solutions for unique or “one off” challenges on a per-shot or sequence basis.
- Run simulations for shot production; troubleshooting and providing revisions based on Supervisor/Client feedback.
- Shot modeling and/or cleaning existing creature related simulations.
- Support and build pipeline animation principles, timing and departmental interdependencies.
- Communicate and partner with various departments on an ongoing basis regarding updates, changes, and general status updates.
What you bring with you:
- 3+ years of Creature simulation experience in a production environment.
- Experience in modeling, texturing, and shading.
- Experience delivering complete milestones/tasks under tight deadlines
- Strong written + verbal communication skills.
- Eye for detail and high-quality VFX/animation, initiative & excellent organizational skills.
- Team player and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Learn quickly with strong trouble shooting/problem-solving abilities
Extra points if you have:
- Experience using a rigging API
- Python, C++
Why work at Bardel?
This position is a great opportunity to build a fur/cloth/hair workflow as part of a new pipeline initiative. We’ve also got great people here, and for good reasons. Bardel offers a generous benefit package, regular social events and ongoing development opportunities for employees to advance their careers through work on prominent and exciting industry projects. You will collaborate with other influential, career-minded creative professionals from around the world. Fun is included in every role!
How to apply:
Please visit our website at http://www.bardel.ca/now-hiring/ to apply.
We thank all applicants who express an interest in being part of the Bardel team. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions received, we will only be in touch with those that are determined to be a compelling match for one of our current openings.
About Bardel Entertainment Inc.
Bardel is the leading animation services provider in North America for good reason. For over 30 years we’ve built our stellar reputation on three core values: quality, creativity and innovation. At Bardel, our greatest asset is our people. With multiple series currently in production, we are always looking for exceptional talent to join our winning team!