Are you an experienced Concept & Character Designer in the Animation industry, looking for your next project? We can’t share many details about the production just yet, but we are happy to announce that Bardel’s Vancouver studio will be working on a feature film starting summer 2018, and we are currently recruiting for Character Designers to join the team!
Jim Kammerud, Head of Story on Blue Skies The Peanuts Movie and Director of The Fox & The Hound 2, is Directing our new feature and we have an incredible line-up of talented artists signing on to the project already. Ready for your next feature project? Apply today! We’d love to hear from you!
What you will be doing:
- Create and conceptualize character designs as required, which meet the aesthetic, creative, and technical quality standards of the production, in accordance with the production deadlines.
- Demonstrate a broad range of Character Design abilities in a collaborative environment to conceptualize and create the overall look, attitude and style of the show.
- Exercise a keen eye for creative continuity.
- Meet project deadlines and milestones as set by Director and the production department.
- Demonstrate good written and verbal communication, and exhibit a collaborative, supportive approach to working with other team members.
- Attend & participate in all creative look of picture meetings.
- Ensure preparation and presentation of all artwork deliverables are prepared for required meetings.
What you bring with you:
- Previous experience in a design role on an Animated Feature Film preferred
- 1+ year of production design experience in film / animation industry required
- Bachelor degree required
- Strong traditional drawing skills and colour fundamentals (illustration, painting, composition, human anatomy / organic forms, color theory, perspective, 2D & 3D design)
- Knowledge of relevant software including photoshop
- Ability to take creative and technical ideas and translate them into designs
- Experience working under deadlines, multitasking, and solving problems
- Collaborative team-focused approach
Why work at Bardel?
We’ve got great people here, and for good reasons. Bardel offers a generous benefit package, regular social events and ongoing development opportunities for employees to advance their careers through work on prominent and exciting industry projects.
Pay: $26.00 – $35.00 / hour (based on experience)
- Extended health benefits available upon completion of probationary period (3 months)
- Salary increases based on performance
Number of positions available: 3
What we want to see in your application:
Tell us why YOU are the person for the position and how you meet the position’s criteria. Forward us your current resume and samples of your work (eg. a link to your website or reel – don’t hesitate to show off a little!).
How to apply:
Please visit our website at http://www.bardel.ca/now-hiring/ to apply.
We thank all applicants who express an interest in being part of the Bardel team. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions received, we will only be in touch with those that are a compelling match for one of our current openings.
Position: Concept & Character Designer – Feature Film
Location: Vancouver, BC
Company: Bardel Entertainment Inc.
Address: 1523 West 3rd Ave, Vancouver BC, V6J 1J8
Terms of employment: Full-time (contract)
Language of work: English
About Bardel Entertainment Inc.
Bardel is the leading animation services provider in North America for good reason. For over 30 years we’ve built our stellar reputation on three core values: quality, creativity and innovation. At Bardel, our greatest asset is our people. With multiple series currently in production, we are always looking for exceptional talent to join our winning team!