Bardel is currently recruiting for a talented C++ Developer (Maya) to work collaboratively with our Emmy award winning studio team. The C++ Developer (Maya) is responsible for developing tools and plugins that cover the entire Maya pipeline from assets to FX. Production support of shows and departments will also be part
of the C++ Developer’s responsibilities.
What you will be doing:
- Develop core tools, plugins, nodes and applications used by all departments on the
- Maya pipeline
- Problem solving in a dynamic environment to produce high quality, easy to maintain
tools, plugins and nodes
- Production support of above shaders and tools in an urgent and timely fashion
- Perform other Ad Hoc tasks as required
What you bring with you:
- Minimum 3 years previous VFX or Animation Pipeline experience
- Knowledge and experience of current rigging, animation and deformation techniques
- Demonstrable knowledge of a high end DCC application and its API (Maya or
- Intermediate or above C++ knowledge including performance optimisation
- Proficient Python Developer
- A university degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Software
Engineering or similar field
- UI/UX design and development experience is an asset
- More advanced C++ skill level is an asset
- GPU development skills is an asset
- Experience with Git and Github, various build and CI systems
- Experience developing on Linux
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Experience testing code and ability to create clear documentation
- Ability to develop code independently or as part of a team
- Flexible and able to work in a frequently changing environment
Why work at Bardel?
We’ve got great people here, and for good reasons. Bardel offers a generous benefit package, regular social events and ongoing development opportunities for employees to advance their careers through work on prominent and exciting industry projects. You will collaborate with other influential, career-minded creative professionals from around the world, and have the opportunity to grow in your career.
What we want to see in your application:
Tell us why YOU are the person for the position and how you meet the position’s criteria. Forward us your current resume and samples of your work (eg. a link to your website or reel – don’t hesitate to show off a little!).
How to apply:
Please visit our website at http://www.bardel.ca/now-hiring/ to apply.
We thank all applicants who express an interest in being part of the Bardel team. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions received, we will only be in touch with those that are a compelling match for one of our current openings.
About Bardel Entertainment Inc.
Emmy Award®-winning studio, Bardel Entertainment Inc., has been a leading animation studio in North America for over 30 years due to its stellar reputation built on three core values: quality, creativity and innovation. Led by CEO, Rick Mischel, previously a producer at Sony Pictures Animation, Bardel is recognized as one of the most trusted names in the industry.
Bardel has over 500 employees in two state-of-the-art studios, one in Vancouver and one in Kelowna, Canada and a fully integrated studio in Rome, Italy. Currently, Bardel is the only full-service animation studio concurrently providing animation services in CG and 2D animation television and features for a diverse slate of U.S. blue-chip partners: Nickelodeon, DreamWorks, Warner Bros., and Cartoon Network-Adult Swim, as well as an outstanding group of content creators.
Recent work includes award-winning series such as Rainbow Butterfly Unicorn Kitty, The Dragon Prince, Rick and Morty, Teen Titans Go!, 44 Cats and the newly announced Magic: The Gathering. In 2019, Bardel won two Kidscreen Awards for The Dragon Prince. In 2018 Bardel won an Emmy for Best Animated Series for Rick and Morty. In 2018, Dinotrux was nominated for an Annie Award and Rick and Morty received the Critics' Choice award for animation and won for a Emmy Award. Bardel also won won Emmy Awards for the DreamWorks’s TV shows King Julien (2017) and an Emmy Award for Dinotrux (2016).
In 2015, Bardel was acquired by Italy-based Rainbow Group, one of the largest animation producers and licensors in the world with subsidiaries in Moscow, Hong Kong and Singapore.