As a BoardPull Artist, you will be creating designs that meet the aesthetic, creative and technical quality standards of the production with the guidance of the Art Director.
What you will be doing:
- Utilizing your skills as a character designer, you will create strong, extreme poses based on a mixture of stock character model sheets and rough storyboard panels
- Interpret rough board drawings and design strong poses based on the character model
- Use bitmap or vector based software (Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchbook – whatever you feel comfortable with) to draw these poses
- Poses are meant to go ‘off model’ but still be based in the design aesthetic of the show
- Create artwork as required, conforming to the style of the production
- Deliver designs according to production schedule timelines
- Collaborate with Art Director and design team as needed
- Share design ideas with other team members in a collaborative setting
What you bring with you:
- 1-2 years minimum of film/animation production experience
- Strong drawing skills in character animation, anatomy and character design
- Ability to interpret rough board drawings and design strong poses based on the character model
- Strong understanding of build based animation
- Toonboom Harmony experience an asset
- Basic understanding of 2D animation pipeline
Why work at Bardel?
We’ve got great people here, and for good reasons. Bardel offers a generous benefit package, regular social events and ongoing development opportunities for employees to advance their careers through work on prominent and exciting industry projects. You will collaborate with other influential, career-minded creative professionals from around the world, and have the opportunity to grow in your career.
What we want to see in your application:
Tell us why YOU are the person for the position and how you meet the position’s criteria. Forward us your current resume and samples of your work (eg. a link to your website or reel – don’t hesitate to show off a little!).
How to apply:
Please visit our website at http://www.bardel.ca/now-hiring/ to apply.
We thank all applicants who express an interest in being part of the Bardel team. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions received, we will only be in touch with those that are a compelling match for one of our current openings.
About Bardel Entertainment Inc.
Bardel is the leading animation services provider in North America for good reason. For over 30 years we’ve built our stellar reputation on three core values: quality, creativity and innovation. At Bardel, our greatest asset is our people. With multiple series currently in production, we are always looking for exceptional talent to join our winning team!