Bardel is currently recruiting for an Assistant Editor to work collaboratively with our Emmy award winning studio team. In this role, you will work alongside the Editorial team to assemble new episode projects.
What you will be doing:
- Work with Directors and creative leaders to assemble new episode projects, creating new projects from templates
- Download all first pass boards from flix for new episodes
- Import all new boards and new audio into new projects
- Create assembly cuts (slugs), matching timing of boards to the radio play audio
- Import, organize, and cut in pick-ups as they come in from the sound records
What you bring with you:
- 2-3 years of editorial experience or certificate/degree from a film/media program required
- Knowledge of Premiere Pro 2015 (and newer) required
- Knowledge of frame rates & codecs
- Excel & Google sheets experience
- Knowledge of animation a huge plus
- Scratch record experience a plus
Why work at Bardel?
We’ve got great people here, and for good reasons. Bardel offers a generous benefit package, regular social events and ongoing development opportunities for employees to advance their careers through work on prominent and exciting industry projects. You will collaborate with other influential, career-minded creative professionals from around the world, and have the opportunity to grow in your career.
What we want to see in your application:
Tell us why YOU are the person for the position and how you meet the position’s criteria. Forward us your current resume and samples of your work (eg. a link to your website or reel – don’t hesitate to show off a little!).
How to apply:
Please visit our website at http://www.bardel.ca/now-hiring/ to apply.
We thank all applicants who express an interest in being part of the Bardel team. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions received, we will only be in touch with those that are a compelling match for one of our current openings.
About BARDEL ENTERTAINMENT INC.
Bardel is the leading animation services provider in North America for good reason. For over 30 years we’ve built our stellar reputation on three core values: quality, creativity and innovation. At Bardel, our greatest asset is our people. With multiple series currently in production, we are always looking for exceptional talent to join our winning team!