Do you have extensive experience with CG Assets and Maya? How about a sharp eye for detail and a technically creative background that allows you to communicate clearly with design departments? Bardel’s Vancouver studio is currently hiring for a talented Asset Supervisor to join our award winning team!
In collaboration with the CG Supervisor, the Asset Supervisor is responsible for creating and distributing high-end assets, ensuring that assets are in line with studio workflow and that there is a smooth transition between departments. This position will be instrumental in planning and implementing new processes for building characters, props, and sets for each production, ensuring that the modeling, surfacing, and rigging teams are communicating effectively to ensure that deliveries are on schedule and that they meet the visual quality required by the client.
What you will be doing:
- Partner with the CG Supervisor and Line Producer to ensure assets are correctly built and stress tested in the pipeline of the studio, according to financial and creative parameters
- Analyze script breakdowns to determine assets required for production
- Work with design to validate their work and make sure it makes a smooth transition into CG
- Work with layout, lighting, FX and animation to find solutions that fulfill the creative and technical requirements of the show
- Provide accurate reference materials to artists and enough visual cues to support their reviews
- Ensure that the pipeline meets the needs of the department and allows for the smooth flow of assets to the shot teams, flagging any concerns or issues that may impact production to the CG Supervisor
- Direct the moving of assets throughout all external facilities of the studio
- Discuss smart technical approaches with the CG Supervisor to solve problems
- Track asset creation and approvals through Shotgun
- Ensure all the assets are optimized for viewport and render time performance
What you bring with you:
- 2-3 years of experience in a supervisor or lead position in the asset creation process for feature animation, live action or animated TV series productions
- Strong team building and communication skills with the ability to mentor and manage people and projects
- An experienced creative eye, with critical attention to detail
- Expert user of production ready software including Maya and Nuke
- Extensive problem solving skills
- Solid knowledge of anatomy, sense of design, form, scale and proportions in space
- Collaborative team-player attitude with the ability to work independently
- Proactive approach to developing new systems and workflows
Why work at Bardel?
We’ve got great people here, and for good reasons. Bardel offers a generous benefit package, regular social events and ongoing development opportunities for employees to advance their careers through work on prominent and exciting industry projects. You will collaborate with other influential, career-minded creative professionals from around the world. Fun is included in every role!
What we want to see in your application:
Tell us why YOU are the person for the position and how you meet the position’s criteria. Forward us your current resume and samples of your work (eg. a link to your website or reel – don’t hesitate to show off a little!).
How to apply:
Please visit our website at http://www.bardel.ca/now-hiring/ to apply.
We thank all applicants who express an interest in being part of the Bardel team. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions received, we will only be in touch with those that are determined to be a compelling match for one of our current openings.
About BARDEL ENTERTAINMENT INC.
Bardel is the leading animation services provider in North America for good reason. For over 30 years we’ve built our stellar reputation on three core values: quality, creativity and innovation. At Bardel, our greatest asset is our people. With multiple series currently in production, we are always looking for exceptional talent to join our winning team!