Are you an experienced Feature Film Art Director in the Animation industry, looking for your next project? We can’t share many details about the production just yet, but we are happy to announce that Bardel’s Vancouver studio will be working on a feature film starting summer 2018, and we are currently recruiting for an experienced Art Director to develop the overall visual style for our new feature.
Jim Kammerud, Head of Story on Blue Skies The Peanuts Movie and Director of The Fox & The Hound 2, is Directing our new feature and we have an incredible line-up of talented artists signing on to the project already. Ready for your next feature project? Apply today! We’d love to hear from you!
What you will be doing:
- Develop overall visual style & supervise the creation of all visual elements
- Generate artwork in areas of specialization which may include character, environment, props, textures, mood, lighting, and story concepts.
- Ensure feature film level quality for all backgrounds & designs, maintaining the Director’s overall vision for the film
- Supervise design team & assign tasks, ensuring deadlines are met and production schedule is adhered to
- Maintain show style & ensure there is a coherent and unified design approach to the production
- Mentor & coach team of designers, clearly communicating the Director’s vision
- Integrate colour style & textures into character designs & 3d models
- Consult with 3D digital modelers & TD’s to ensure that 3D models accurately reflect the film’s design philosophy & that lighting, rendering, and special effects have a unified and consistent design approach
- Participate & advise in all creative look of picture meetings
- Partner with Line Producer and recruiting department to staff design team as needed
- Ensure all artwork is delivered on time according to production schedule
What you bring with you:
- Previous experience Art Directing on an Animated Feature Film
- 5+ years of Art Director experience in animation industry
- Experience managing a large team of designers
- Unique style – fun, appealing & a bit cartoony (similar to Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs or Hotel Transylvania)
- Knowledge of relevant software including photoshop
- Collaborative team-focused approach
Why work at Bardel?
We’ve got great people here, and for good reasons. Bardel offers a generous benefit package, regular social events and ongoing development opportunities for employees to advance their careers through work on prominent and exciting industry projects.
What we want to see in your application:
Tell us why YOU are the person for the position and how you meet the position’s criteria. Forward us your current resume and samples of your work (eg. a link to your website or reel – don’t hesitate to show off a little!).
How to apply:
Please visit our website at http://www.bardel.ca/now-hiring/ to apply.
We thank all applicants who express an interest in being part of the Bardel team. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions received, we will only be in touch with those that are a compelling match for one of our current openings.
About Bardel Entertainment Inc.
Bardel is the leading animation services provider in North America for good reason. For over 30 years we’ve built our stellar reputation on three core values: quality, creativity and innovation. At Bardel, our greatest asset is our people. With multiple series currently in production, we are always looking for exceptional talent to join our winning team!