Bardel is currently recruiting for a talented Animation Supervisor to work collaboratively with our Emmy award winning studio team. This position will provide creative vision, leadership, and artistic & technical direction to the assigned production. Work with the Line Producer and other stakeholders to ensure a successful alliance between the creative goals and the production deadlines. Demonstrate a strong working knowledge of the animation process from script to screen.
What you will be doing:
- Working with the Animation Director and Production, lead and mentor the animation team
- Collaborate with the Animation Director on the creative style of the project and provide a cohesive vision to the tea
- Exercise superior leadership, collaborative and communication skills to ensure that departmental tasks are assigned, understood and completed as per instruction
- Ensure that the Production’s overall creative vision is understood and followed through by the Creative team
- Review and approve all production creative materials (i.e posing, animated scenes in sequences) prior to submitting it to the Director/ Client
- Work with the production team to ensure that deadlines are met per the Weekly Schedule and Overall
- Production Schedule. Notify Producer/Line Producer in advance on episodes at risk of missing their deadline
Ensure all artwork is reviewed and approved prior to meetings or submission for Director’s approval.
- Communicate any retakes to supervisors/ artists
- Participate in the recruiting process as required for your project
- Be available to travel to designated locations, locally and abroad per the needs of the production.
- Contribute artwork as required – builds, animation cycles or footage for episodes that are at risk of missing their production deadline.
What you bring with you:
- 5+ years of animation experience on a production
- Previous experience in a leadership / mentoring role, guiding a team
- Has experience in feature & high quality television
- Degree or Relevant post-secondary education
- Strong communication & organizational skills
- Able to provide feedback to team members
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
Extra points if you have:
- Experience using Shotgun
Why work at Bardel?
We’ve got great people here, and for good reasons. Bardel offers a generous benefit package, regular social events and ongoing development opportunities for employees to advance their careers through work on prominent and exciting industry projects. You will collaborate with other influential, career-minded creative professionals from around the world. Fun is included in every role!
How to apply:
Please visit our website at http://www.bardel.ca/now-hiring/ to apply.
We thank all applicants who express an interest in being part of the Bardel team. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions received, we will only be in touch with those that are determined to be a compelling match for one of our current openings.
About Bardel Entertainment Inc.
Bardel is the leading animation services provider in North America for good reason. For over 30 years we’ve built our stellar reputation on three core values: quality, creativity and innovation. At Bardel, our greatest asset is our people. With multiple series currently in production, we are always looking for exceptional talent to join our winning team!