Bardel is currently recruiting for an experienced Animation Director to work with our award winning studio team. This person will provide creative and vision leadership, artistic and technical direction to the project. Direct animation teams to ensure that they are working collaboratively to achieve the goals and quality benchmarks of the project. Work with the Series Director, Producer and client to ensure a successful alliance between the creative goals and the production deadlines. Demonstrate a strong working knowledge of the animation process from script to screen.
What you will be doing:
- Oversee and supervise all animation supervisors & leads during the creative process, providing ideas, making decisions and offering viable solutions to creative and technical issues.
- Work with the Series Director and Line Producer on setting up the production workflow.
- Exercise superior leadership, collaborative and communication skills to ensure that inter and intra departmental tasks are assigned, understood and completed as per instructed.
- Ensure that the Production’s overall creative vision is understood and followed through by the Creative team.
- Review and approve all creative materials (i.e posing, animated scenes in sequences) prior to submitting it to the Director/ Client
- Meet with Line Producer to discuss artist performance of the crew.
- Participate in the recruiting process.
- Ensure all artwork is reviewed and communicate any retakes to supervisors/ artists
- Be available to travel to designated locations, locally and abroad per the needs of the production.
- Review, test and comment on all supplied pre-production materials.
- Review and approve the re-use assets for each episode to create a re-use library.
- Contribute artwork as required – builds, animation cycles or footage for episodes that are at risk of missing their production deadline.
- Attend and provide leadership during production meetings.
- Cultivate and maintain a creative and successful working relationship with executive producers and stakeholders. Be confident in your creative vision but flexible and open-minded to alternate ideas.
- Work with the production team to ensure that deadlines are met per the Weekly Schedule and Overall Production Schedule
- Notify Line Producer in advance on episodes at risk of missing their deadlines
What you bring with you:
- 5+ years of animation experience on a production, with at least 3 years of Animation Director experience
- Previous experience guiding a team in a leadership / mentoring role
- Has experience in feature & high quality television
- Degree or Relevant post-secondary education
- Ability to be professional and constructive under pressure
- Strong communication & organizational skills
- Able to provide feedback to team members
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
Extra points if you have:
- Experience using Shotgun
Why work at Bardel?
We’ve got great people here, and for good reasons. Bardel offers a generous benefit package, regular social events and ongoing development opportunities for employees to advance their careers through work on prominent and exciting industry projects. You will collaborate with other influential, career-minded creative professionals from around the world. Fun is included in every role!
How to apply:
Please visit our website at http://www.bardel.ca/now-hiring/ to apply.
We thank all applicants who express an interest in being part of the Bardel team. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions received, we will only be in touch with those that are determined to be a compelling match for one of our current openings.
About Bardel Entertainment Inc.
Bardel is the leading animation services provider in North America for good reason. For over 30 years we’ve built our stellar reputation on three core values: quality, creativity and innovation. At Bardel, our greatest asset is our people. With multiple series currently in production, we are always looking for exceptional talent to join our winning team!