Bardel is currently recruiting for talented Animatic Editors to work collaboratively with our Emmy award winning studio team. In this role, you will work alongside the Series Director to assemble story reels from the storyboard art, cut dialogue and provide a working animatic reel of the story that meets the parameters in length, format as well as all other specifications.
What you will be doing:
- Work with Directors and creative leaders to cut the picture to time, and layback audio tracks as required for delivery
- Provide a working animatic reel using scratch dial, sound effects, temp music where required and aids in providing a technically and creatively solid animatic pass
- Aid in keeping production deliveries on target by collaborating with production manager, storyboard coordinator and art team to achieve timely delivery of animatics
- Ensuring animatics are in line with production parameters for animation and lighting/comp as specified, i.e. monitors use of complex camera moves, use of liquids and flowing fabric, hair, effects, etc
- Deal with a wide variety of file formats and codecs
- Assist Series Director/Episodic Directors in show archiving process
- Outputting shows and reels as per the specific requirements of the project
- Manage Adobe Premiere pro projects/timelines/bins/media files efficiently
- Assist in making dubs and output requirements, as required
What you bring with you:
- Minimum 2-3 years of professional editing experience, animation experience preferred
- Strong understanding of Adobe Premiere Pro software is a must
- Adobe After Effects, Adobe Photoshop, Shotgun Software and Flix experience is nice to have
- Ability to organize and manage time effectively to meet deadlines
- Strong editorial skills both technically and creatively
- Understanding of pacing and storytelling
- A creative problem solver and a proactive thinker
- Exhibit an enthusiastic attitude, willingness to learn and advance in the editorial field
Why work at Bardel?
We’ve got great people here, and for good reasons. Bardel offers a generous benefit package, regular social events and ongoing development opportunities for employees to advance their careers through work on prominent and exciting industry projects. You will collaborate with other influential, career-minded creative professionals from around the world. Fun is included in every role!
What we want to see in your application:
Tell us why YOU are the person for the position and how you meet the position’s criteria. Forward us your current resume and samples of your work (eg. a link to your website or reel – don’t hesitate to show off a little!).
How to apply:
Please visit our website at http://www.bardel.ca/now-hiring/ to apply.
We thank all applicants who express an interest in being part of the Bardel team. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions received, we will only be in touch with those that are determined to be a compelling match for one of our current openings.
About Bardel Entertainment Inc.
Bardel is the leading animation services provider in North America for good reason. For over 30 years we’ve built our stellar reputation on three core values: quality, creativity and innovation. At Bardel, our greatest asset is our people. With multiple series currently in production, we are always looking for exceptional talent to join our winning team!