Are you an experienced 2D Designer looking for your next project? Do you love cats and all things magical? Don’t worry – we’ve got you covered! Our exciting new 2D series Rainbow Butterfly Unicorn Kitty is currently recruiting for a 2D Location Designer to join the team at our Vancouver studio! Sound like a good fit for you? Apply today!
What you will be doing:
- Assist in the concept creation of environment layouts and digital painted 2D backgrounds to fit the approved style of the series
- Maintain the style and execution of the backgrounds as per requirements of the production
- Create quick iterations for concept art in the various product stages, full colour functional concept, and final painted environment art
- Work collaboratively to meet production deadlines, ensuring open communication with other managers and team members
- Actively participate in team/department meetings
- May mentor entry-level artists by providing them with support, guidance and instruction in areas that provide for their artistic and professional growth
What you bring with you:
- Minimum 1 year of production experience in a designer role
- Photoshop experience required
- Knowledge of Toon Boom Harmony an asset
- Strong understanding of 2D animation principles
- Prior experience in 2D animation for background design or layout
- Collaborative team-based approach
- Shotgun experience an asset
Extra points if you have:
- A portfolio that includes cats, unicorns, rainbows
- A sense of humour
Why work at Bardel?
We’ve got great people here, and for good reasons. Bardel offers a generous benefit package, regular social events and ongoing development opportunities for employees to advance their careers through work on prominent and exciting industry projects. You will collaborate with other influential, career-minded creative professionals from around the world, and have the opportunity to grow in your career.
What we want to see in your application:
Tell us why YOU are the person for the position and how you meet the position’s criteria. Forward us your current resume and samples of your work (eg. a link to your website or reel – don’t hesitate to show off a little!).
How to apply:
Please visit our website at http://www.bardel.ca/now-hiring/ to apply.
We thank all applicants who express an interest in being part of the Bardel team. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions received, we will only be in touch with those that are a compelling match for one of our current openings.
About Bardel Entertainment Inc.
Bardel is the leading animation services provider in North America for good reason. For over 30 years we’ve built our stellar reputation on three core values: quality, creativity and innovation. At Bardel, our greatest asset is our people. With multiple series currently in production, we are always looking for exceptional talent to join our winning team!