Any Rick and Morty fans out there looking for a new project? Bardel Vancouver is currently recruiting for a talented 2D Harmony Compositor to join the Rick and Morty Season 4 team! If you’re into crude humor and infectious laughter this is the right production for you!
This position is responsible for final compositing of animated scenes using Toon Boom Harmony software. This position includes composition of scene elements, application of mattes and special FX, camera movements, rendering and quality control over output that will be the final deliverable content.
What you will be doing:
- Composite and render animated scenes and show sequences
- Apply camera moves, matte layers and special FX
- Demonstrate abilities in creation of visual FX and help build special FX macros
- Troubleshoot and find solutions to technical and creative issues
- Monitor renders and assist with managing render queues
- Manage rendered files and verify naming conventions and file format requirements are met
- Perform final quality control, inspect and review rendered materials to confirm scenes are free from defects and meet show style and other technical requirements
- Track progress, and apply notes received through Bardel’s tracking software
- Follow Director’s notes and adjust scenes accordingly
- Meet project deadlines and production quotas as set by leads and production staff
- Communicate any issues that may have an impact on deadlines or output targets
- Cultivate and maintain a successful working relationship with supervisors, directors and production personnel
- Communicate proactively and work collaboratively with all team members
What you bring with you:
- Experience using Toon Boom Hamrony or Animate Pro software is highly desired
- Use of other node or layer based compositing software is helpful
- Well developed analytical skills and an excellent eye for detail
- Proven problem solving and technical troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Good written and oral communication skills
Why work at Bardel?
We’ve got great people here, and for good reasons. Bardel offers a generous benefit package, regular social events and ongoing development opportunities for employees to advance their careers through work on prominent and exciting industry projects. You will collaborate with other influential, career-minded creative professionals from around the world, and have the opportunity to grow in your career.
What we want to see in your application:
Tell us why YOU are the person for the position and how you meet the position’s criteria. Forward us your current resume and samples of your work (eg. a link to your website or reel – don’t hesitate to show off a little!).
How to apply:
Please visit our website at http://www.bardel.ca/now-hiring/ to apply.
We thank all applicants who express an interest in being part of the Bardel team. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions received, we will only be in touch with those that are a compelling match for one of our current openings.
About BARDEL ENTERTAINMENT INC.
Bardel is the leading animation services provider in North America for good reason. For over 30 years we’ve built our stellar reputation on three core values: quality, creativity and innovation. At Bardel, our greatest asset is our people. With multiple series currently in production, we are always looking for exceptional talent to join our winning team!