Bardel is currently recruiting for a talented 2D Character Artist / Animator to work collaboratively with our Emmy award winning studio team. Working with one of our prominent clients, such as Cartoon Network, Dreamworks, Starburns, and Warner Bros, this person will be working under the direction of the Art Director and production team. This position requires a high degree of technical skill and artistic judgment while simultaneously meeting TV Animation production deadlines.
What you will be doing:
- Bring characters to life with motion and emotion using a broad range of 2D animation abilities
- Work with colleagues and supervisors to identify and solve problems, both technically and artistically
- Design, color and illustrate characters
- Demonstrate a broad range of technical and creative abilities to effectively deliver the overall look, attitude and style of the character / set lighting and composition
- Work closely with the directors and compositing team to achieve the final lighting
- Create tone and light mattes for final compositing
- Add final character features to enhance character appeal
- Actively participate in team/department meetings
- Mentor entry-level artists by providing them with support, guidance and instruction in areas that provide for their artistic and professional growth
What you bring with you:
- 2/3+ years of TV / Film animation production experience
- Diploma or relevant post-secondary education an asset
- Strong understanding of traditional 2D animation principles
- Strong understanding of anatomy and facial expression
- Experience working with Toon Boom Harmony and Photoshop required; Flash, Nuke or Maya knowledge is advantageous
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, high-volume, team-based setting
- Strong verbal/written communication skills (English)
Extra points if you have:
- Experience in a digital build-based animation setting, visual arts and life drawing with a solid grasp of movement and form
- Advanced technical computer animation knowledge such as dynamics, scripting and tools
- Experience with acting, live action or staging
- Recognized higher education qualification in animation, film or a related field
- Strong drawing skills
- Anime knowledge is a plus
Why work at Bardel?
We’ve got great people, and for good reasons! Bardel offers work on exciting high-profile projects, a generous compensation/benefits package, and a fantastic company culture fueled by career development and artistic skill enhancement. Every day you will collaborate with other influential, career-minded, creative professionals from around the world.
What we want to see in your application:
Tell us why YOU are the person for the position and how you meet the position’s criteria. Forward us your current resume and samples of your work (eg. a link to your website or reel – don’t hesitate to show off a little!).
How to apply:
Please visit our website at http://www.bardel.ca/now-hiring/ to apply.
We thank all applicants who express an interest in being part of the Bardel team. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions received, we will only be in touch with those that are determined to be a compelling match for one of our current openings.
About Bardel Entertainment Inc.
Bardel is the leading animation services provider in North America for good reason. For over 30 years we’ve built our stellar reputation on three core values: quality, creativity and innovation. At Bardel, our greatest asset is our people. With multiple series currently in production, we are always looking for exceptional talent to join our winning team!