Any Rick and Morty fans out there looking for a new project? Bardel Vancouver is currently recruiting for talented 2D Background Artists to join the Rick and Morty Season 4 team! If you’re into crude humor and infectious laughter this is the right production for you!
What you will be doing:
- Assist in the creation of environment layouts and digital painted 2D backgrounds to fit the approved style of the series
- Maintain the style and execution of the backgrounds as per requirements of the production
- Create quick iterations for concept art in the various product stages, full colour functional concept, and final painted environment art
- Provide feedback and solutions to technical and creative issues
- Work collaboratively to meet production deadlines, ensuring open communication with other managers and team members
- Actively participate in team/department meetings
- May mentor entry-level artists by providing them with support, guidance and instruction in areas that provide for their artistic and professional growth
What you bring with you:
- Strong understanding of 2D animation principles
- Prior experience in 2D animation for background design or layout an asset
- A positive attitude and dedication to the success of the project
- Commitment to Bardel’s values of celebrating diversity, individual development, expression, creativity, and teamwork
Why work at Bardel?
We’ve got great people here, and for good reasons. Bardel offers a generous benefit package, regular social events and ongoing development opportunities for employees to advance their careers through work on prominent and exciting industry projects. You will collaborate with other influential, career-minded creative professionals from around the world, and have the opportunity to grow in your career.
What we want to see in your application:
Tell us why YOU are the person for the position and how you meet the position’s criteria. Forward us your current resume and samples of your work (eg. a link to your website or reel – don’t hesitate to show off a little!).
How to apply:
Please visit our website at http://www.bardel.ca/now-hiring/ to apply.
We thank all applicants who express an interest in being part of the Bardel team. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions received, we will only be in touch with those that are a compelling match for one of our current openings.
About BARDEL ENTERTAINMENT INC.
Bardel is the leading animation services provider in North America for good reason. For over 30 years we’ve built our stellar reputation on three core values: quality, creativity and innovation. At Bardel, our greatest asset is our people. With multiple series currently in production, we are always looking for exceptional talent to join our winning team!