Bardel is currently recruiting for talented Storyboard Artists to work collaboratively with our Emmy award winning studio team. Working with one of our prominent clients, such as DreamWorks, Mattel, and Rovio Entertainment, this person will be responsible for creating digital storyboards which meet the aesthetic, creative and technical quality requirements of the production.
What you will be doing:
- Translate scripts and stories into visual sequences based on notes and meetings with the Unit Director and other team members
- Work with the Director and Storyboard Supervisor to illustrate the story, plan shots, and draw panels based on scripts
- Produce strong boards that clearly convey the character’s intent, timing and action
- Meet all project deadlines and milestones whilst following Unit Directors revision notes
- Actively participate in team / department meetings.
- Mentor and offer support to less experienced artists by providing them with guidance and instruction
What you bring to the table:
- 2-3+ Years of experience in similar role for animated TV series or feature film
- Strong drawing skills with a keen sense of design, appeal, character acting, timing, and composition
- Ability to work digitally, including Photoshop, Storyboard Pro, and/or similar software applications
- Recognized higher education qualification in animation, film or a related field
- Background in traditional hand-drawn animation, visual arts and life drawing with a solid grasp of movement and form
- Experience with acting, live action or staging an asset
- Strong verbal/written communication skills (English)
Why work at Bardel?
We’ve got great people, and for good reasons! Bardel offers work on exciting high-profile projects, a generous compensation/benefits package, and a fantastic company culture fueled by career development and artistic skill enhancement. Every day you will collaborate with other influential, career-minded, creative professionals from around the world.
- Extended health benefits available upon completion of probationary period (3 months)
- Future raises based on performance
What we want to see in your application:
Why YOU are the right fit for this position
A demo link to your most current work. This is a chance to show off your best work!
We thank all applicants who express an interest in being part of the Bardel team. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions received, we will only be in touch with those that are determined to be a compelling match for our current opening(s).
Apply Now At:
http://www.bardel.ca/now-hiring/ or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Vancouver Address: 1523 West 3rd Avenue, Vancouver, BC V6J 1J8
Kelowna Address: 201-215 Lawrence Ave, Kelowna, BC V1Y 6L2
Position: Storyboard Artist
# Of Positions Available : 2
Pay: $22.70-42/hour (TBD)
Terms of Employment: Full-time (contract)