Do you love to explore a great story through expressive character movement? Have a remarkable grasp of weight, timing, lip sync and posing? At Bardel, our greatest asset is our people. With multiple series currently in production, we are always looking for exceptional talent to join our winning team!
We are searching for talented 3D Character Animators to join our team. Under the direction of the Lead Animator/Director, you will conceptualize, create and execute quality animation sequences through an impressive proficiency with digital tools in a collaborative team setting.
What you will be doing:
- Demonstrate a broad range of 3D Animation proficiencies in creating the overall look, attitude and style of the character animation in conjunction with the show’s established style and technical requirements
- Work collaboratively to meet production objectives, deadlines and quotas, ensuring open communication with other managers and team members
- Actively participate in team/department meetings
- May mentor entry-level artists by providing them with support, guidance and instruction in areas that provide for their artistic and professional growth
What you bring to the table:
- Possess a solid working knowledge of CG animation technologies and necessary production environments and tools
- 2+ Years of TV / Film production experience a must
- Diploma or relevant post-secondary education an asset
- Proficiency in Maya, Flash and/or Harmony
- Strong written/verbal communication skills (English)
- Background in traditional hand-drawn animation, visual arts and life drawing with a solid grasp of movement and form
- Experience with acting, live action or staging
- Advanced technical computer animation knowledge such as dynamics, scripting and tools
- Why work at Bardel?
We’ve got great people here, and for good reasons. Bardel offers a generous benefit package, regular social events and ongoing development opportunities for employees to advance their careers through work on prominent and exciting industry projects. You will collaborate with other influential, career-minded creative professionals from around the world. Fun is included in every role!
- Extended health benefits available upon completion of probationary period (3 months)
- Future raises based on performance
What we want to see in your application:
Tell us why YOU are the person for the position and how you meet the position’s criteria. Forward us your current resume and samples of your work (eg. a link to your website or reel) – don’t hesitate to show off a little!
How to apply:
Please visit our website at http://www.bardel.ca/now-hiring/ or email email@example.com to apply.
We thank all applicants who express an interest in being part of the Bardel team. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions received, we will only be in touch with those that are determined to be a compelling match for one of our current openings.
Vancouver Address: 1523 West 3rd Avenue, Vancouver, BC V6J 1J8
Kelowna Address: 201-215 Lawrence Ave, Kelowna, BC V1Y 6L2
Position: 3D Character Animator
# Of Positions Available : 2
Pay: $22.70-42/hour (TBD)
Terms of Employment: Full-time (contract)