Do you have an eye for visual effects and know how to create realistic textures for 3D? At Bardel, our greatest asset is our people. With multiple series currently in production, we are always looking for exceptional talent to join our winning team!
We are searching for Texture Artists to join our Vancouver studio team. As a Texture Artist, you will be responsible for creating textures using both image and procedural based techniques, as well as creating shader networks, and UV layouts as required to meet the aesthetic, creative and technical quality stands of the production.
What you will be doing:
- Demonstrate a broad range of superior texturing abilities to conceptualize and create the surface, colors and textures
- Create new texture processes and concepts, either by utilizing reference materials or by painting textures by hand
- Using software plug-ins and other new or existing application, create specialized textures or surfaces such as hair, fur, cloth or other elements
- Meet project deadlines and milestones, including weekly quotas, as set by project leads and the production department
- Demonstrate good written and verbal communication, and exhibit a collaborative, supportive approach to working with other team members
- Actively participate in team/department meetings
- Willing to mentor and offer support to less experienced artists, and provide them with guidance and instruction in the area of department focus
What you bring to the table:
- Must have previous experience in similar role or envirnoment
- An excellent command of human anatomy, volume and weight, dynamics and character motion
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and a collaborative, supportive approach to working with other team members
- Confidence, ability and sound judgement in all areas of performance, such as notifying supervisors regarding any technical or creative problems that may impact quotas or deadlines
- Ability to proactively communicate solutions to problems
Why work at Bardel?
We’ve got great people here, and for good reasons. Bardel offers a generous benefit package, regular social events and ongoing development opportunities for employees to advance their careers through work on prominent and exciting industry projects. You will collaborate with other influential, career-minded creative professionals from around the world. Fun is included in every role!
What we want to see in your application:
Tell us why YOU are the person for the position and how you meet the position’s criteria. Forward us your current resume and samples of your work (eg. a link to your website or reel) – don’t hesitate to show off a little!
How to apply:
Please visit our website at http://www.bardel.ca/now-hiring/ to apply.
We thank all applicants who express an interest in being part of the Bardel team. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions received, we will only be in touch with those that are determined to be a compelling match for one of our current openings.