Bardel is currently recruiting for a talented Technical Writer & Trainer to work collaboratively with our Emmy award winning studio team in Vancouver. This person would work within the Technology team and collaborate with various team supervisors to develop an overall technical documentation & training strategy, write production-facing documentation for software & processes developed by the Technology teams, and run training sessions for on-boarding new artists or departments when technology solutions have been released.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Develop an overall scalable documentation and training strategy
- Gather information and write technical documentation
- Enforce authoring, formating style and organization
- Produce drawings, charts and workflow diagrams
- Design, schedule and run training sessions
- Collaborate with senior technology members to identify knowledge gaps
- Determine the need for production documentation by gathering feedback
- Resolve technically complex solutions to understandable processes
What you bring with you:
- Degree in Computer Science or Communications with 2-3 years of experience in a production or writing/training role
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in English
- Knowledge of Animation Production or VFX workflows & pipelines preferred
- Experience writing user-facing technical documentation
- Experience writing for and developing training materials
- Expertise in web content publishing (Confluence)
- Ability to quickly grasp complex concepts and make them easily understandable
- Ability to build relationships and influence individuals at all levels
- Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to edit when necessary
Extra points if you have:
- Experience working with Confluence
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Pipeline / Software Development experience
- Graphic, video or other multimedia design skills
- Familiar with web-scale cloud software and infrastructure
- Knowledge of Maya, Nuke, Houdini, Shotgun or Python
Why work at Bardel?
We’ve got great people here, and for good reasons. Bardel offers a generous benefit package, regular social events and ongoing development opportunities for employees to advance their careers through work on prominent and exciting industry projects. You will collaborate with other influential, career-minded creative professionals from around the world, and have the opportunity to grow in your career.
What we want to see in your application:
Tell us why YOU are the person for the position and how you meet the position’s criteria. Forward us your current resume and samples of your work (eg. a link to your website or reel – don’t hesitate to show off a little!).
How to apply:
Please visit our website at http://www.bardel.ca/now-hiring/ to apply.
We thank all applicants who express an interest in being part of the Bardel team. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions received, we will only be in touch with those that are a compelling match for one of our current openings.
About Bardel Entertainment Inc.
Bardel is the leading animation services provider in North America for good reason. For over 30 years we’ve built our stellar reputation on three core values: quality, creativity and innovation. At Bardel, our greatest asset is our people. With multiple series currently in production, we are always looking for exceptional talent to join our winning team!