At Bardel, our greatest asset is our people. With multiple series currently in production, we are always looking for exceptional talent to join our winning team!
We are searching for a brilliant Senior Systems Administrator to join our Vancouver studio team. The Senior Systems Administrator will be part of the team responsible for administering and maintaining hardware, systems and servers. Working with the Director of IT and the other technology leads, the Senior Systems administrator will also mentor junior members of the technology team and help direct their professional growth. Note, this is a two year contract role.
What you will be doing:
- Maintain, troubleshoot and administer the use of local networks, computer workstations and peripheral equipment through internal ticket tracking system
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues related to production pipelines, systems and networks
- Provide problem solving services to network users
- Monitor servers and networks to proactively deal with performance, capacity and reliability issues
- Install, maintain operating systems and software for servers
- Develop, maintain and enforce appropriate disaster recovery procedures to ensure business continuity
- Configure and maintain backups and data archives; restore damaged or deleted data as necessary
- Maintain and evaluate existing hardware (workstations and servers) to optimize performance
- Conduct tests and perform quality controls, make recommendations for upgrades, expension and repairs
- Provide weekly written progress summaries and reports, escalation of issues and concerns if required
- Willing to assist and provide guidance for the professional development of junior members of the technology team
What you bring to the table (skills requirements):
- 4+ years as a System Administrator in the media and entertainment industry (VFX, television, animation or gaming) for complex systems design, programming and systems software and support
- Relevant experience may substitute for the degree requirement on a year for year basis
- Knowledge of programming languages and operating systems; current equipment and technologies in use; Linux system administration, enterprise backup and recovery procedures, and system performance monitoring tools; effective project management techniques; principles and practices of effective management and supervision
- Ability to organize, document complex system design activities and to configure systems to be consistent with institutional policies/procedures; communicate technical/complex information both verbally and in writing; establish and maintain cooperation; perform multiple tasks concurrently & respond to emergency situations effectively
Why work at Bardel?
We’ve got great people here, and for good reasons. Bardel offers a generous benefit package following a three month waiting period, regular social events and ongoing development opportunities for employees to advance their careers through work on prominent and exciting industry projects. You will collaborate with other influential, career-minded creative professionals from around the world. Fun is included in every role!
How to apply:
Please visit our website at http://www.bardel.ca/now-hiring/ to apply.
We thank all applicants who express an interest in being part of the Bardel team. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions received, we will only be in touch with those that are determined to be a compelling match for one of our current openings.