Bardel is currently recruiting for a talented Pipeline TD to work collaboratively with our Emmy award winning studio team. This person would be reporting to the Pipeline Supervisor. Working closely with all Technology teams, this role is responsible for the successful creation of the company’s pipeline software tools, supporting Production in making technical decisions and general technical support throughout the production process.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Integrating tools with existing in-house tools and code base
- Creating documentation and tutorials for tools and integrations
- Customizing existing scripted tools to suit the needs of the studio, projects, and artists
- Working with artists, leads, and supervisors to implement solutions for production workflows
- Collaborating with the Pipeline Developers and TDs to map out and optimize workflows and tool integration.
- Developing tools in collaboration with the pipeline developers and studio coding standards
- May train, mentor, or supervise the work of entry and mid level generalist artists
- Research and recommend improvements to workflows to improve productivity or communication
- Keep up to speed on current technology trends and tools both hardware and software
- Provide weekly updates on Pipeline development status, and notifies stakeholders of any upcoming production risks
What you bring with you:
- 5+ years of experience in VFX or Animation
- Experience as a Pipeline TD preferred
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of up-to-date Production Technology/IT methods, practices, and trends
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Knowledge of Maya, Nuke, Python and PyQT
- Experience in developing libraries used by other TDs and software engineers
- Experience with SQL, Shotgun, Deadline is an asset
- Experience with at least one of the source control systems
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and work under strict deadlines
Why work at Bardel?
We’ve got great people, and for good reasons! Bardel offers work on exciting high-profile projects, a generous compensation/benefits package, and a fantastic company culture fueled by career development and artistic skill enhancement. Every day you will collaborate with other influential, career-minded, creative professionals from around the world.
Pay: $26.00 – $45 / hour (based on experience)
- Extended health benefits available upon completion of probationary period (3 months)
- Salary increases based on performance
Number of positions available: 3
What we want to see in your application:
Tell us why YOU are the person for the position and how you meet the position’s criteria. Forward us your current resume and samples of your work (eg. a link to your website or reel – don’t hesitate to show off a little!).
How to apply:
Please visit our website at http://www.bardel.ca/now-hiring/ to apply.
We thank all applicants who express an interest in being part of the Bardel team. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions received, we will only be in touch with those that are determined to be a compelling match for one of our current openings.
About Bardel Entertainment Inc.
Bardel is the leading animation services provider in North America for good reason. For over 30 years we’ve built our stellar reputation on three core values: quality, creativity and innovation. At Bardel, our greatest asset is our people. With multiple series currently in production, we are always looking for exceptional talent to join our winning team!