At Bardel, our greatest asset is our people. With multiple series currently in production, we are always looking for exceptional talent to join our winning team!
We are searching for an experienced Lead FX Artist to join our Vancouver studio team. The ideal candidate will have experience working with 2D FX in Harmony and 3D FX.
What you will be doing:
- Supervise and review the efforts of the assigned FX team, ensuring deadlines are met and creative goals are achieved according to production deadlines
- Create natural and supernatural effects (ie, water, smoke, dust, lightning, bubbles, fire, storms, shadows, blurs, explosions, etc) to contribute to the character, location, or atmosphere
- Provide suggestions and recommendations on technique and elements in the context of the scene
- Actively promote and communicate sound solutions to technical and creative issues
- Maintain and communicate a strong knowledge of innovative FX animation technologies
- Assist in creating an “FX Production Style Guide” as-needed.
What you bring with you:
- 3 to 5 years experience in animation or VFX required
- Diploma or relevant post-secondary education required
- Production experience to create FX in a TV series context (fluid sims, dynamics, particles, etc.)
- Strong written / verbal communication skills (English)
- Previous exposure to 2D FX in Harmony an asset
Pay: $32.50 – $42.50 / hour (based on experience)
Extended health benefits available upon completion of probationary period (3 months)
Salary increases based on performance
How to apply:
Please visit our website at http://www.bardel.ca/now-hiring/ to apply.
About Bardel Entertainment Inc.
Bardel is the leading animation services provider in North America for good reason. For over 30 years we’ve built our stellar reputation on three core values: quality, creativity and innovation. At Bardel, our greatest asset is our people. With multiple series currently in production, we are always looking for exceptional talent to join our winning team!