Are you an experienced Harmony animator with a finely-honed critical eye and a knack for problem solving? Admired for your incredibly collaborative work style? We need you!
We are on the hunt for a Harmony Retake Artist to work from client and director notes, revising and redoing scene materials and contributing new artwork as required, in order to meet criteria of quality control, creative changes and technical fixes.
Under the direction of the Animation Supervisor/Director, you will work in accordance with the established style, technical requirements and the project’s production schedule to adjust existing animation and address retakes that are requested from the directors and clients.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Demonstrating a broad range of animation abilities in a collaborative environment to conceptualize and create the overall look, attitude and style of the character animation
- Exhibiting the capacity to work on existing scenes and get a quick grasp of another artist’s animation style and technical approach to a scene
- Finding the most efficient solutions for the required scene adjustments
- Actively promoting and communicate sound solutions for technical and creative issues related to animation
- Meeting production quotas, deadlines, milestones, as set by project leads, and the production department
- Mentoring less experienced artists and lead by example, providing them with support, guidance and instruction in areas that provide for their artistic and professional growth
- Participating in team / department and production meetings, animation launches
What You Bring:
- Must have TV / Film production experience
- Confidence and sound judgement in all areas of performance, such as immediately notifying supervisors regarding any technical or creative problems that may impact quotas or deadlines, and communicating solutions
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficiency in Harmony and Photoshop
- Online demo reel demonstrating your best work as it relates to this position
- Background in traditional hand-drawn animation, visual arts and life drawing, with a solid grasp of anatomy, movement and form
- Experience with requirements gathering and writing for production documentation and/or creating templates- technical and pipelines, art bibles, style guides
- Knowledge of editing and directorial processes, shot planning & character/story context
Why Work at Bardel?
We’ve got great people here, and for good reasons. Bardel offers a generous benefit package, regular social events and ongoing opportunities for employees to advance their careers through work on prominent and exciting industry projects. You’ll collaborate with other influential, career-minded creative professionals from around the world. For more information regarding Bardel Entertainment please visit www.bardel.ca
We thank all applicants who express an interest in being part of the Bardel team. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions received, we are unable to respond to all who apply. If we determine that you are a compelling match for one of our currently open roles, we will get in touch.