Bardel is currently recruiting for experienced FX Artists to work collaboratively with our Emmy award winning studio team. As an FX Artist, you will be creating and conceptualizing CG FX sequences ensuring aesthetic, creative, and technical quality standards of the production are met. It is through FX that changes the impact of a scene, making it more appealing.
What you will be doing:
- Create natural and supernatural effects (ie, water, smoke, dust, lightning, bubbles, fire, storms, shadows, blurs, explosions, etc) to contribute to the character, location, or atmosphere
- Provide suggestions and recommendations on technique and elements in the context of the scene
- Demonstrate a broad range of FX abilities in a collaborative environment to conceptualize and create the overall look, attitude and style of the FX
- Actively promote and communicate sound solutions to technical and creative issues
- Maintain and communicate a strong knowledge of innovative FX animation technologies
- Assist in creating an “FX Production Style Guide” as-needed.
- Meet project deadlines and milestones, as set by Series Director / Episodic Director and the production department
What you bring with you:
- 1-2 Years of experience as an FX Artist required
- Diploma or relevant post-secondary education required
- Animation / VFX experience preferred
- Demonstrated production experience to create smoke, water, fire, and electrical effects in a TV series context (fluid sims, dynamics, particles, etc.)
- Ability to maintain high aesthetic quality with quick turnarounds using a mix of FX rigs and one-off FX using
- Maya with some RealFlow
- Exhibit a collaborative, supportive approach to working with other team members
- Strong verbal/written communication skills (English)
Extra points if you have:
Experience working on fantasy & sci-fi based shows
A passion for dragons, elves, unicorns, and all things magical
Pay: $26.00 – $32 / hour (based on experience)
Extended health benefits available upon completion of probationary period (3 months)
Salary increases based on performance
How to apply:
Please visit our website at http://www.bardel.ca/now-hiring/ to apply.
About Bardel Entertainment Inc.
Bardel is the leading animation services provider in North America for good reason. For over 30 years we’ve built our stellar reputation on three core values: quality, creativity and innovation. At Bardel, our greatest asset is our people. With multiple series currently in production, we are always looking for exceptional talent to join our winning team!