Do you have an eye for visual effects that stands out from the norm? Are particles, liquids, smoke and other effects part of your creative world? At Bardel, our greatest asset is our people. With multiple series currently in production, we are always looking for exceptional talent to join our winning team!
We are searching for star FX Artists to join our Vancouver studio team. As an FX Artist, you will be creating and conceptualizing CG FX sequences ensuring aesthetic, creative, and technical quality standards of the production are met. It is through FX that changes the impact of a scene, making it more appealing.
What you will be doing:
- Create natural and supernatural effects (ie, water, smoke, dust, lightning, bubbles, fire, storms, shadows, blurs, explosions, etc) to contribute to the character, location, or atmosphere
- Provide suggestions and recommendations on technique and elements in the context of the scene
- Demonstrate a broad range of FX abilities in a collaborative environment to conceptualize and create the overall look, attitude and style of the FX
- Actively promote and communicate sound solutions to technical and creative issues
- Maintain and communicate a strong knowledge of innovative FX animation technologies
- Assist in creating an “FX Production Style Guide” as-needed.
- Meet project deadlines and milestones, as set by Series Director / Episodic Director and the production department
What you bring to the table:
- Animation / VFX experience preferred
- Demonstrated production experience to create smoke, water, fire, and electrical effects in a TV series context (fluid sims, dynamics, particles, etc.)
- Confidence in your creative vision but flexible and open-minded to alternative ideas
- Ability to maintain high aesthetic quality with quick turnarounds using a mix of FX rigs and one-off FX using Maya with some RealFlow
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Exhibit a collaborative, supportive approach to working with other team members
Why work at Bardel?
We’ve got great people here, and for good reasons. Bardel offers a generous benefit package, regular social events and ongoing development opportunities for employees to advance their careers through work on prominent and exciting industry projects. You will collaborate with other influential, career-minded creative professionals from around the world. Fun is included in every role!
What we want to see in your application:
Tell us why YOU are the person for the position and how you meet the position’s criteria. Forward us your current resume and samples of your work (eg. a link to your website or reel) – don’t hesitate to show off a little!
How to apply:
Please visit our website at http://www.bardel.ca/now-hiring/ to apply.
We thank all applicants who express an interest in being part of the Bardel team. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions received, we will only be in touch with those that are determined to be a compelling match for one of our current openings.