Bardel is currently recruiting for a talented Digital Production Assistant to work collaboratively with our Emmy award winning studio team. The Digital PA will support the production of animated film and TV shows by managing the rendering and digital storage resources within the facility. In this entry-level, but mission critical role, you will touch all aspects of the technical production pipeline. There will be broad interaction with production artists, technical directors, and technology teams.
What you will be doing:
- Monitor, troubleshoot and optimize network rendering resources
- Monitor and report resource utilization such as disk space, node usage, job saturation, etc.
- Identify and diagnose failing renders and malfunctioning render machines
- Monitor the render queue to maximize resource efficiency and handle job priorities
- Maintain maximum render farm up-time and reduce unnecessary data consumption
- Respond to rendering related support requests
- Data/project archival and retreival
- Data I/O
What you bring to the table:
- Previous experience working in an animation/vfx/tech studio preferred
- Knowledge of Maya, Nuke, Mental Ray, Vray is a plus
- High degree of computer literacy; ability to learn new software quickly
- Enthusiasm to learn and develop professionally
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to respect and uphold process and procedure when required
Why work at Bardel?
We’ve got great people here, and for good reasons. Bardel offers a generous benefit package, regular social events and ongoing development opportunities for employees to advance their careers through work on prominent and exciting industry projects. You will collaborate with other influential, career-minded creative professionals from around the world, and have the opportunity to grow in your career.
What we want to see in your application:
Tell us why YOU are the person for the position and how you meet the position’s criteria. Forward us your current resume and samples of your work (eg. a link to your website or reel – don’t hesitate to show off a little!).
How to apply:
Please visit our website at http://www.bardel.ca/now-hiring/ to apply.
We thank all applicants who express an interest in being part of the Bardel team. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions received, we will only be in touch with those that are a compelling match for one of our current openings.
About Bardel Entertainment Inc.
Bardel is the leading animation services provider in North America for good reason. For over 30 years we’ve built our stellar reputation on three core values: quality, creativity and innovation. At Bardel, our greatest asset is our people. With multiple series currently in production, we are always looking for exceptional talent to join our winning team!