Do you love bringing characters, creatures and worlds to life? Want to work with a top-notch team of brilliant creative folks on an epic show? As CG Modeler / Texture Artist, you will conceptualize and create clean and functional 3D models following the aesthetic, creative and technical quality standards of the production. You’ll be comfortable building textures using both image and procedurally-based techniques, and creating shader networks and UV layouts as situations dictate.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Demonstrating sound working knowledge of modeling, texturing and surfacing tools (Maya, Mudbox, Mari, Zbrush etc.) and techniques to create models (characters, props and sets) for 3D animated content
- Creating blend shape setups for characters, props and other elements
- Effectively translating 2D drawings and concepts into 3D models
- Creating new texture processes and concepts, either by utilizing reference materials or by hand-painting textures
- Meeting project deadlines and milestones, including weekly quotas, as set by project leads and the production department
- Actively participating in team/department meetings
- Mentoring and offering support to less experienced artists, providing them with guidance and instruction in the areas of modeling/texturing
What You Bring:
- Must have previous Film / TV production experience
- An excellent command of human anatomy, volume and weight, dynamics and character motion
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a collaborative, supportive approach to working with other team members
- Confidence, ability and sound judgement in all areas of performance, such as immediately notifying supervisors regarding any technical or creative problems that may impact quotas or deadlines, proactively communicating solutions
- Background in traditional animation, visual arts and life drawing, with a solid sense of movement and form
- Sound understanding of the animation pipeline from storyboard to modelling to texturing, animation and rendering
- Knowledge of technical processes such as lighting rigs, rendering, dynamics, scripting (Maya, Python, MEL)
Why Work at Bardel?
We’ve got great people here, and for good reasons. Bardel offers a generous benefit package, regular social events and ongoing opportunities for employees to advance their careers through work on prominent and exciting industry projects. You’ll collaborate with other influential, career-minded creative professionals from around the world. For more information regarding Bardel Entertainment please visit www.bardel.ca
We thank all applicants who express an interest in being part of the Bardel team. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions received, we are unable to respond to all who apply. If we determine that you are a compelling match for one of our currently open roles, we will get in touch.