Are your CG skills a veritable utility belt of awesomeness, allowing you to combine just the right technical tool and your formidable creative knowledge to solve any challenge? Been waiting for an epic production super team in their hour of greatest need? It’s time, my friend- we have an exciting opportunity open right now for you!
As a CG Generalist, you will cover all of the demands of modeling, rigging, texturing and related technical and creative issues that crop up in the course of production.
This is a perfect position for someone who enjoys all aspects of CG and wants to maintain a broad base of knowledge as a pivotal contributor to the production’s success.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Demonstrating a broad range of CG art abilities in a collaborative environment to conceptualize and create the overall look, attitude and style of the character
- Creating rigging (including skinning) for a variety of characters and props
- Displaying a broad range of modeling abilities, including both high-poly and low-poly modeling techniques
- Actively promoting and communicating sound solutions for technical and creative issues while creating models in a variety of artistic styles
- Exhibiting complete mastery of professional development software tools required for modeling, texturing and rigging creation through to implementation.
- Mentoring less experienced artists, providing them with support, guidance and instruction in areas that provide for their artistic and professional growth
What You Bring:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar capacity, preferably in the animation industry
- Online demo reel demonstrating your best work as it relates to this position
- Proficiency in commonly-used software package such as Maya and Photoshop
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven track record demonstrating the ability to work under pressure and respecting tight deadlines
- A sense of humour and willingness to learn as part of a very team-oriented environment
- Advanced technical computer animation knowledge such as lip sync, dynamics, and other related scripting and tools aspects
- Background in traditional hand-drawn animation, visual arts and life drawing, with a solid grasp of anatomy, movement and form
- Experience with requirements gathering and writing for production documentation and/or creating templates- technical and pipelines, art bibles, style guides
Why Work at Bardel?
We’ve got great people here, and for good reasons. Bardel offers a generous benefit package, regular social events and ongoing opportunities for employees to advance their careers through work on prominent and exciting industry projects. You’ll collaborate with other influential, career-minded creative professionals from around the world. For more information regarding Bardel Entertainment please visit www.bardel.ca
We thank all applicants who express an interest in being part of the Bardel team. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions received, we are unable to respond to all who apply. If we determine that you are a compelling match for one of our currently open roles, we will get in touch.