At Bardel, our greatest asset is our people. With multiple series currently in production, we are always looking for exceptional talent to join our winning team!
We are searching for an experienced Asset TD (Technical Artists) to join our Vancouver studio team. The Asset TD must proactively monitor and check both incoming and in-process assets as well as ensure that shots are moving smoothly throughout the RenderFarm. When issues are identified, they must proactively and in a timely fashion be debugged and addressed, and/or escalated to senior staff with detailed information and possible resolution scenarios. The role requires an equal combination of visual aesthetic and technical knowledge are a necessity, as well as a good understanding of CG production pipelines and the Modeling, texturing, animation, lighting, rendering and compositing steps involved.
What you will be doing:
- Maintain technical integrity of art assets through the entire production process
- May be required to contribute to the development and testing of Mel and Python scripts to implement solutions
- Troubleshoot technical issues involving Maya Characters, animation, lighting and rendering automation tools
- Follow up with stakeholders to ensure delivered solutions work as intended
- Keep CG Supervisor, Production Coordinators, Department Leads and Directors up to date on outstanding issues and potential solutions
- Respond to tickets requesting support and pipeline improvements while vetting all priorities with the CG supervisor
- Regularly deliver written progress summaries
- Identify, report and resolves technical rendering and/or composition errors or quality issues early in the schedule to reduce revisions
- Ensure all shot files and output conform to Bardel shot file structure and naming conventions
- Provide technical and debugging suprt for other team members and departments on asset and rendering issues
- Submit and/or manage all shots within a production on the RenderFarm
- Use the Tracker to document the current status of assets and shots in the pipeline
- Liaise with other relevant departments to ensure established timelines and schedule will be met
Must Haves/Nice to Haves:
- Strong written/verbal communication skills (English)
- 2+ Years previous work experience
- Diploma or relevant post-secondary education an asset
Why work at Bardel?
We’ve got great people here, and for good reasons. Bardel offers a generous benefit package, regular social events and ongoing development opportunities for employees to advance their careers through work on prominent and exciting industry projects. You will collaborate with other influential, career-minded creative professionals from around the world. Fun is included in every role!
- Extended health benefits available upon completion of probationary period (3 months)
- Future raises based on performance
How to apply:
Please visit our website at http://www.bardel.ca/now-hiring/ or email email@example.com to apply.
We thank all applicants who express an interest in being part of the Bardel team. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions received, we will only be in touch with those that are determined to be a compelling match for one of our current openings.
Address: 1523 West 3rd Avenue, Vancouver, BC V6J 1J8
Position: Asset TD
# Of Positions Available : 2
Pay: $22.70-42/hour (TBD)
Terms of Employment: Full-time (contract)