At Bardel, our greatest asset is our people. With multiple series currently in production, we are always looking for exceptional talent to join our winning team! We are searching for talented Asset Lighters to join our Vancouver studio team.
The Asset Lighter is responsible for look development and establishing the overall lighting & comp set-ups for all environments and characters. This position will need to utilize the provided color scripts, reference images and overall direction from the art director, director, and CG Supervisor to achieve the look of the show while working within the established pipeline.
What you will be doing:
- Set up & prepare all sets and characters for the LRC team
- Work with CG Supervisor & TD’s to ensure render layers work with achieving the look and determine if additional layers are needed
- Work with baked in lighting textures and real 3D integrated lighting
- Work with CG Supervisor, Art Director & Design team to ensure all elements are working for the desired end result
- Generate contact sheets for each lighting set/character scenario to be reviewed
- Create a contact sheet template for comp & assemble images together for review
- Automate procedures wherever possible to increase efficiencies including the creation of
- Comp Gizmos and Lighting Presets
- Work with CG Supervisor to outline, test, and implement new tools
What you bring with you:
- 2-4 years experience as a lighting artist
- Ability to achieve high quality cinematic look
- Ability to create efficiencies
- Solid understanding of traditional lighting and compositing techniques and principles
- Strong technical background with ability to grasp new programs and systems quickly
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a collaborative, supportive approach to working with other team members
Why work at Bardel?
We’ve got great people here, and for good reasons. Bardel offers a generous benefit package, regular social events and ongoing development opportunities for employees to advance their careers through work on prominent and exciting industry projects. You will collaborate with other influential, career-minded creative professionals from around the world, and have the opportunity to grow in your career.
What we want to see in your application:
Tell us why YOU are the person for the position and how you meet the position’s criteria. Forward us your current resume and samples of your work (eg. a link to your website or reel – don’t hesitate to show off a little!).
How to apply:
Please visit our website at http://www.bardel.ca/now-hiring/ to apply.
We thank all applicants who express an interest in being part of the Bardel team. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions received, we will only be in touch with those that are a compelling match for one of our current openings.
About Bardel Entertainment Inc.
Bardel is the leading animation services provider in North America for good reason. For over 30 years we’ve built our stellar reputation on three core values: quality, creativity and innovation. At Bardel, our greatest asset is our people. With multiple series currently in production, we are always looking for exceptional talent to join our winning team!