Calling all 2D animators! Are you familiar with Toon Boon Harmony? Want to join the studio that worked on shows like Jake and the NeverLand Pirates, Teen Titans Go! and Rick and Morty? At Bardel, our greatest asset is our people. With multiple 2D series currently in production, we are always looking for exceptional talent to join our winning team!
We are hiring for Harmony Animators to join our Vancouver studio team. Under the guidance of the Lead Animator/Director, you will conceptualize, create and execute 2D animation sequences in accordance with established styles and technical requirements. Various projects are available!
What you will be doing:
- Bring characters to life with motion and emotion through the use of a broad range of 2D animation abilities
- Provide feedback and solutions to technical and creative issues
- Work collaboratively to meet production deadlines, ensuring open communication with other managers and team members
- Actively participate in team/department meetings
- Mentor entry-level artists by providing them with support, guidance and instruction in areas that provide for their artistic and professional growth
What you bring to the table:
- Experience working with Toon Boom Harmony required; Flash or Maya knowledge is advantageous
- Prior experience in TV or film production an asset
- Strong understanding of traditional 2D animation principles
- A positive attitude and dedication to the success of the project
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, high-volume, team-based setting
- Commitment to Bardel’s values of celebrating diversity, individual development and expression, creativity, and teamwork
Why work at Bardel?
We’ve got great people here, and for good reasons. Bardel offers a generous benefit package, regular social events and ongoing development opportunities for employees to advance their careers through work on prominent and exciting industry projects. You will collaborate with other influential, career-minded creative professionals from around the world. Fun is included in every role!
What we want to see in your application:
Tell us why YOU are the person for the position and how you meet the position’s criteria. Forward us your current resume and samples of your work (eg. a link to your website or reel – don’t hesitate to show off a little!).
How to apply:
Please visit our website at http://www.bardel.ca/now-hiring/ to apply.
We thank all applicants who express an interest in being part of the Bardel team. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions received, we will only be in touch with those that are determined to be a compelling match for one of our current openings.