Bardel is currently recruiting for talented 2D Harmony Animators to work collaboratively with our Emmy award winning studio team. Working with one of our prominent clients, such as Cartoon Network, Disney, Starburns, and Warner Bros, this person will be working under the direction of the Lead Animator/Director and production team. Animators will create high quality character animation while simultaneously meeting TV Animation production deadlines.
What you will be doing:
- Bring characters to life with motion and emotion using a broad range of 2D animation abilities
- Work with colleagues and supervisors to identify and solve problems, both technically and artistically
- Actively participate in team/department meetings
- Mentor entry-level artists by providing them with support, guidance and instruction in areas that provide for their artistic and professional growth
What you bring to the table:
- 2+ years of TV / Film animation production experience required
- Diploma or relevant post-secondary education an asset
- Strong understanding of traditional 2D animation principles
- Experience working with Toon Boom Harmony required; Flash or Maya knowledge is advantageous
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, high-volume, team-based setting
- Strong verbal/written communication skills (English)
Nice to haves:
- Experience in a digital build-based animation setting, visual arts and life drawing with a solid grasp of movement and form
- Advanced technical computer animation knowledge such as dynamics, scripting and tools
- Experience with acting, live action or staging
- Recognized higher education qualification in animation, film or a related field
Why work at Bardel?
We’ve got great people, and for good reasons! Bardel offers work on exciting high-profile projects, a generous compensation/benefits package, and a fantastic company culture fueled by career development and artistic skill enhancement. Every day you will collaborate with other influential, career-minded, creative professionals from around the world.
- Extended health benefits available upon completion of probationary period (3 months)
- Future raises based on performance
What we want to see in your application:
Why YOU are the right fit for this position
A demo link to your most current work, including a reel breakdown. This is a chance to show off your best work!
We thank all applicants who express an interest in being part of the Bardel team. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions received, we will only be in touch with those that are determined to be a compelling match for our current opening(s).
Apply Now At:
http://www.bardel.ca/now-hiring/ or email us at email@example.com
Vancouver Address: 1523 West 3rd Avenue, Vancouver, BC V6J 1J8
Kelowna Address: 201-215 Lawrence Ave, Kelowna, BC V1Y 6L2
Position: 2D Harmony Animator
# Of Positions Available : 2
Pay: $22.70-42/hour (TBD)
Terms of Employment: Full-time (contract)