At Bardel, our greatest asset is our people. With multiple series currently in production, we are always looking for exceptional talent to join our winning team!
We are searching for Pipeline TDs to join our Vancouver studio team. Reporting to the CTO, the Pipeline TD is responsible for the successful creation of the company’s pipeline software tools and supporting production in making technical decisions and general technical support throughout the production process.
What you will be doing:
- Creation, maintenance and integration of new scripted tools with existing in-house tools and code base
- Creation of documentation and tutorials for tools and integrations based on show requirements
- Customization of existing scripted tools to suit the needs of the studio, projects, and artists
- Provide help desk assistance to production for scripted tools
- Collaborate with artists, leads, and supervisors to understand production workflow
- Work in conjunction with Pipeline Designers, Developers, and TDs to map out and optimize workflows and tool integration; aid in all stages of production software and pipeline support
- Research and recommend improvements to workflows to improve productivity and communication
What you bring to the table:
- Industry experience within Animation, VFX or Film
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- Experience in software development on Windows and/or Linux
- Previous experience with Python
- Strong knowledge of Maya and Nuke
- C++, Qt, PyQT, and database experience is a plus
- Experience in Agile software development (Scrum, RUP, XP)
Why work at Bardel?
We’ve got great people here, and for good reasons. Bardel offers a generous benefit package, regular social events and ongoing development opportunities for employees to advance their careers through work on prominent and exciting industry projects. You will collaborate with other influential, career-minded creative professionals from around the world. Fun is included in every role!
How to apply:
Please visit our website at http://www.bardel.ca/now-hiring/ to apply.
We thank all applicants who express an interest in being part of the Bardel team. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions received, we will only be in touch with those that are determined to be a compelling match for one of our current openings.