At Bardel, our greatest asset is our people! With multiple series currently in production, we are always looking for exceptional talent to join our winning team! We are looking for talented Key animators to join our Kelowna studio to work on our amazing 3D show.
As a Key animator, also known as a Previs / Layout artist, you will be responsible for creating shot cameras and main character posing, as well as for maintaining technical standards for the production.
What you will be doing:
- Place feature or main characters in the scene into key or major poses based on the storyboard
- Determine the major poses for the characters in the scene
- Determine camera angles, camera paths, lighting and shading of the scene
- Stage shots and plot the action that will take place within each scene
- Build locations and block in the position of the characters, select camera angles and plot camera moves
- Ensure that everything that is going to be animated is set up appropriately, including not only characters but also any props or parts of the background that need to move (i.e., an opening door)
What you bring with you:
- TV / Film production experience is an asset
- Diploma or relevant post-secondary education
- Possess a solid working knowledge of CG animation technologies and necessary production environments and tools
- Proficiency in Maya is a must
- Strong written/verbal communication skills (English)
Why work at Bardel?
We’ve got great people here, and for good reasons. Bardel offers a generous benefit package, regular social events and ongoing development opportunities for employees to advance their careers through work on prominent and exciting industry projects. You will collaborate with other influential, career-minded creative professionals from around the world, and have the opportunity to grow in your career.
What we want to see in your application:
Tell us why YOU are the person for the position and how you meet the position’s criteria. Forward us your current resume and samples of your work (eg. a link to your website or reel – don’t hesitate to show off a little!).
How to apply:
Please visit our website at http://www.bardel.ca/now-hiring/ to apply.
We thank all applicants who express an interest in being part of the Bardel team. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions received, we will only be in touch with those that are a compelling match for one of our current openings.
About Bardel Entertainment Inc.
Bardel is the leading animation services provider in North America for good reason. For over 30 years we’ve built our stellar reputation on three core values: quality, creativity and innovation. At Bardel, our greatest asset is our people. With multiple series currently in production, we are always looking for exceptional talent to join our winning team!