Are you looking for an entry-level position where you can be part of a dynamic team? Do you love cartoons and have a a good sense of humor? At Bardel, our greatest asset is our people and we are currently on the lookout for a new Studio Operations Assistant to join the team.
The Studio Operations Assistant will contribute to the daily up keep of the studio, assisting with minor maintenance and other support functions. As an entry-level position with the potential to grow further in the studio toward multiple different career paths, this position will provide you with invaluable insight and allow for you to learn what happens behind-the-scenes of an animation studio.
What you will be doing:
- Front desk reception duties including greeting visitors, guests and interviewees
- Ensure studio kitchen, communal areas and washrooms are tidy, clean and fully stocked
- Manage studio deliveries between our two locations
- Assist with purchase and delivery of studio supplies
- Perform hands-on studio operations tasks such as moving furniture, building desks, etc.
- Coordinate with external contractors as needed
- Assist with general administrative tasks such as answering incoming calls, photocopying, scanning, etc.
- Oversee studio meeting bookings and help with client meeting arrangements (i.e. order catering, preparing boardrooms)
What you will bring with you:
- Valid BC Driver’s Licence required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A collaborative team-based approach
- Structured organized approach to completing tasks
- A proactive self-starter perspective with the ability to work under limited supervision
- Ability to multitask and get things done in an accurate yet efficient manner
- Good level of proficiency in computer applications (i.e. Google Drive, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proven track record of a “can-do” attitude and a willingness to do what it takes to get the job done
Extra points if you have:
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop
- Previous customer service experience
- Passion for animation
Why work at Bardel?
We’ve got great people here, and for good reasons. Bardel offers a generous benefit package, regular social events and ongoing development opportunities for employees to advance their careers through work on prominent and exciting industry projects. You will collaborate with other influential, career-minded creative professionals from around the world, and have the opportunity to grow in your career.
What we want to see in your application:
Tell us why YOU are the person for the position and how you meet the position’s criteria. Forward us your current resume and samples of your work (eg. a link to your website or reel – don’t hesitate to show off a little!).
How to apply:
Please visit our website at http://www.bardel.ca/now-hiring/ to apply.
We thank all applicants who express an interest in being part of the Bardel team. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions received, we will only be in touch with those that are a compelling match for one of our current openings.
About Bardel Entertainment Inc.
Bardel is the leading animation services provider in North America for good reason. For over 30 years we’ve built our stellar reputation on three core values: quality, creativity and innovation. At Bardel, our greatest asset is our people. With multiple series currently in production, we are always looking for exceptional talent to join our winning team!