The Lead Desktop Support Technician will take ownership of the daily performance of the company’s Desktop Support team and service desk system. They will work with the Director of Technology to identify/prioritize current or potential desktop system requirements or issues to enable Bardel Entertainment’s Artists to complete their role effectively, with minimal downtime or disruptions.
In addition, the Lead Desktop Support Technician will be proactive in researching, analyzing and recommending new solutions to create efficiencies and improve desktop support operations. The Lead Desktop Support Technician will have a vital role in the development and management of the Desktop Support team. This position will also provide technical assistance, support and assist computer users with hardware and software questions.
What you will be doing:
- Supervise desktop support technicians daily activities which include providing quality technical software/hardware desktop support with a high degree of customer service, technical expertise and timeliness.
- Assign, prioritize and maintain Desktop Support team work schedules.
- Monitor service desk queues and escalate trouble tickets to ensure problems are handled as expeditiously as possible.
- Maintain and manage desktop inventory and asset management system.
- Maintain and manage render farm hardware and software.
- Ensure software environment consistency is maintained across all artist workstations and render farm machines.
- Review the inventory levels of workstation equipment and accessories and submit purchasing requests as required on a regular basis.
- Make recommendations for desktop support standards, guidelines and procedures to increase productivity, organization and efficiency.
- Ensure user documentation for corporate, production management and freelance users are created and maintained.
- Provide input into potential desktop system improvements in efficiency, reliability and performance.
- Assist & mentor the desktop support team.
What you bring with you:
- 4+ years’ experience in system engineering and IT support, preferably within the M&E space
- You have a proven track record of success in installation and maintenance of LINUX-based software.
- You are experienced in creating automated scripts and software preferred.
- You can lift heavy objects (approx. 25 lbs).
- You have the ability and the desire to learn new technologies as required.
- You have experience in the installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of relevant software packages including: Maya, Deadline, Houdini, Nuke, RV & other VFX-related packages and APIs.
- You have experience with, and advanced understanding of, Windows, Mac OS X and Linux systems; virtualized environments.
- Scripting language experience (eg. Powershell, Perl, Python).
- Must be able to multi-task and maintain a positive attitude when working under pressure
- Excellent time management & troubleshooting skills, capable of motivating and leading a team, with enthusiasm and clarity
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with people with various levels of technical proficiency
- Ability to setup and upgrade computer systems in a networked environment with minimum end-user interruption
- Experience administering user accounts (Active Directory) and mail systems (G Suite/Exchange)
Extra points if you have:
- Excellent documentation skills
- An interest in computer animation and visual effects
Pay: $26.00 – $40 / hour (based on experience)
- Extended health benefits available upon completion of probationary period (3 months)
- Salary increases based on performance
Number of positions available: 1
Why work at Bardel?
We’ve got great people here, and for good reasons. Bardel offers a generous benefit package, regular social events and ongoing development opportunities for employees to advance their careers through work on prominent and exciting industry projects. You will collaborate with other influential, career-minded creative professionals from around the world, and have the opportunity to grow in your career.
What we want to see in your application:
Tell us why YOU are the person for the position and how you meet the position’s criteria. Forward us your current resume and samples of your work (eg. a link to your website or reel – don’t hesitate to show off a little!).
How to apply:
Please visit our website at http://www.bardel.ca/now-hiring/ to apply.
We thank all applicants who express an interest in being part of the Bardel team. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions received, we will only be in touch with those that are a compelling match for one of our current openings.
Position: Lead Desktop Support Technician
Location: Vancouver, BC
Address: 1523 West 3rd Ave, Vancouver BC, V6J 1J8
Terms of employment: Full-time (contract)
Language of work: English
About Bardel Entertainment Inc.
Bardel is the leading animation services provider in North America for good reason. For over 30 years we’ve built our stellar reputation on three core values: quality, creativity and innovation. At Bardel, our greatest asset is our people. With multiple series currently in production, we are always looking for exceptional talent to join our winning team!