Job Details Location: Vancouver but can work remotely
Permits: Must have a valid Canadian work permit
Reports to: Head of Software Engineering
Level: Junior to Mid Level
Job Type: Full-time contract position
Compensation:. Commensurate with experience
This job represents an excellent opportunity to work with a highly talented team of people, enabling you to grow your own talents whilst adding real value to the company.
What you’ll do:
● First line of customer support.
● Create and manage application deployment scripts (Bash and PowerShell).
● Onboarding new clients.
● Write documentation, both client facing and internal.
● Troubleshoot issues with Clients, raising issues to engineering as appropriate.
● Work with our engineering and sysadmin team to improve our processes.
● Great communication skills. Both verbal and written.
● Process driven.
● Knowledge of Linux and Windows desktop and terminal environments.
● Sysadmin knowledge of common VFX applications (Nuke, Maya, Mocha etc).
● Understanding of NFS and SMB file systems.
Nice to have
● Additional knowledge of other languages, such as Python.
● Experience with Teradici.
● Experience working with public cloud providers (AWS, Azure, etc).
● Experience working with object storage systems such as S3.
● Experience working in a remote working environment.
● Experience using common email based support platforms such as Zendesk.
Why you’ll love working at Arch We care deeply about building an excellent team which is inclusive no matter your background, with a friendly and respectful culture. We’re distributed around the US, Canada and the UK, with a strong belief in autonomy, responsibility and trust. That means a flexible schedule and the room to get your head down and produce excellent work. We trust you to do your best work in whatever way you see fit.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
About Arch Platform Technologies
Arch Platform Technologies deploys and manages VFX and virtual production pipelines in the cloud, including workstations, render, storage, and workflow management. Clients include Vitality VFX, Netflix, and Solstice Studios. Productions such as Wonder Woman, Stranger Things, Justice League and A Series of Unfortunate Events have all been executed on our platform. We are in a rapid growth phase as we look to automate 100% of our deployment process and give full control to the customer through our web platform.